Oh god what was I thinking...well I wasn't!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Rambo Chick, May 20, 2008.

1. Rambo Chick

Rambo Chick Member

I made a HUGE booboo at a school today...<<shudders while reliving it>>...

I was in the process of giving a presentation to about 500 teenagers about how amazing it was to play a brass instrument and how they really do want to have lessons with us. My partner in crime and I were in full swing demonstrating the different instruments and getting huge thumbs up from the music teacher as the teens were loving it...but I got too carried away and in my enthusiasm as to reasons why you should play I managed to slot in....

'oh and you get to drink lots too' :hammer

I suddenly recoiled in horror as I realised what I'd said! Needless to say my co-demonstrator was livid! Oops!

Has anyone else made any major booboos like that - please don't say its just me....:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

PS. I'm still feeling terrible about it and will be for weeks!!!
  2. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Well, it is true, you do get to drink a lot....

Just like in any other profession.

Though I guess it is a little unwise to sell banding to kids in that fashion hehehe.

How many signed up?
  3. NeilW

NeilW Member

I think you should go "on the wagon" for at least a month as penance for telling the truth :biggrin:
  4. Rambo Chick

Rambo Chick Member

Quite a few came along afterwards to have a blow on the instruments and we got comments of 'that presentation was cool' so I guess the teens enjoyed it!!!!:biggrin:

hmmm on the wagon as penance.....sounds like a tough challenge!:wink:
  5. emziesonic

emziesonic Member

I think thats one of those moments your going to look back on in a few years time and just laugh. :lol:
  6. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

My career is littered with places where my brain crashed and my internal and external dialogues got a bit confused.:oops:

Maybe it's why I didn't end up as a Head of Department. People don't seem to like it when you say what you are thinking. Parents and headmasters especially.:rolleyes:

These days I can blame it on the tablets and my failing faculties. What's your excuse though? You're only young!:biggrin:
  7. Rambo Chick

Rambo Chick Member

hehe - how did you know I was young?! :biggrin:

As for telling it like it is, there just isn't enough of that these days! But I will refrain from citing future truths such as this one...at least until there are no adults listening!:wink:

Hmm, I blame my ailing faculties on...erm....what was I talking about?
    Last edited: May 23, 2008
  8. Hee hee hee - Cazza - tut tut encouraging our antipodean cousins to start boozing early!
    At least we might beat them in contests if they are too drunk to read the music!

Binge drinking is only a problem if it's less than 12 pints a night, by the way.