Oh, For The Wiiiiings....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by bigmamabadger, Feb 9, 2004.

1. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Well, I did it. I wore my purple spangly wings all afternoon in Preston and did anyone of you buggers notice? :evil:
    I didn't wear them on stage, but I did leave my plastic frog on stage and had to rush back on just as the next band were setting up, in order to retreive it. And the tuner. :oops:

Didn't see many people I knew, thought I saw Lynchie skulking outside trying to avoid my eye, and caught a brief glimpse of Cornet Girl whizzing through looking serious on her way to play.

Many thanks to Roger, IckleSop and ted for not laughing at my wings too much :wink:
    BMB
    xx

2. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

i noticed your wings but i wasnt sure if it was u or not, and u were chatting too so i didnt want to interupt. they looked very nice too!

3. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

didnt notice the wings im afraid but would have probably been too boshed to notice anything anyway much past 3 o'clock.
    I was wearing my boc T-shirt however :) and maz took great delight pointing it out to everyone in the room we met, even though half wouldn't have a clue what a boc was!

4. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Had you gone by the time we (finally) took to the stage at 8ish BMB??? Your fairy magic was needed at the karaoke in Yates'!

Saw Aidan (was above you on seats for results) who ignored me - how rude!!!!!!

Rach x

5. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

which results?
    i didnt see you at all :? you should have said hi, though i doubt id have been in a fit state to respond

6. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Top section dearie, waved at you but should, with hindsight, have realised how boshed you were... :roll:

Rach x

7. bigmamabadger

Fraid so. We tooled off about 5 ish having been up since 06:30 in the morning....Did you whizz through the bar at about 3-ish?

Could have done with a good karaoke sesh. Tried to interest conductor in karaoke for the next band social but he was rude.

I shall be wearing the purple wings again in Blackpool....
    BMB
    xx

8. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

ill make a point of introducing myself then. only thing is ill be in championship section so plz stay around!

9. bigmamabadger

On a more serious note, we'd like to say a big thank you to Tarleton if there's anyone watching on here.
    The triangle beater worked perfectly and the trombone mute was much appreciated by the rest of the band....

Rebecca - Part-time percussionist Barnton Silver Band.

10. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

How dare a conductor be rude to u?? Disgraceful! Unleash Heinrich immediately I say!

Come to Buxton with your wings BMB!

Rach x

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    frog
    Cornet Girl
    anyone
    buggers
    notice
  12. bigmamabadger

Sadly our conductor was pretty boshed as well....I shall keep Heinrich in reserve for later.

What gives in Buxton? Don't think we're going there. But it's not that far from me I guess.
    BMB
    xx

13. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

yup sorry bout that :p
    boshed is such a great word.. cheers ben

14. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

twas not me avoiding you... i was many miles away, feeling very sorry for myself after an extensive drinking session...

15. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

hmmmm I didn't see any wings all day!!!

16. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Sparkly dear, you were working on the boshed too - to say nothing of trying to follow our solo euph's directions. I'm still disturbed at his intimate knowledge of the whereabouts of Ann Summers in Preston!

Rach x

17. Preston's Ann Summers is an experience,but only in the dark hours,under the influence of muchos boshed-ness(well,thats the only time iv ever been in......honestly)

and yes indeed,boshed is a word of great stature :D

18. bigmamabadger

See? Now I'm hallucinating about you. :wink: This has got to stop. At least I refrained from walking up to a complete stranger and flinging my arms round him..... :oops:
    BMB
    xx

19. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

well next time i'm in northwich (hopefully soon... that black dyke lot can't stay in barbados forever!) I'll make sure to make a scene, and attempt to get on the front page of any local papers going!

20. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

they are back :)

Edit: Family forum!!! PB, Mod

21. NAS

NAS Member

Ah!!!! You know... I saw you :) . Sorry... if id have kept up with TMP more recently I would have know it was you wouldnt I? :roll: .

See you at the area :D

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    frog
    Cornet Girl
    anyone
    buggers
    notice