Oh dear, I've really had it now!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by sunny_jimbob, Mar 17, 2004.

1. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

Last night, I had one of those semi conscious dreams where you're part awake and know what's going on but still part alseep so even the weirdest thing makes sense...!

I dreamt that someone came in through my bedroom window and said there was a load of percussion equipment to be lifted through my window. I woke up fully stood at the window looking for said equipment having gone through my clothes in my sleep to find some suitable trousers for loading such stuff.

Perhaps I should be put out of my misery now!
  2. Trigger

Trigger Member

Oh dear. Perhaps you need to take a break. :? :lol:
  3. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

hahaha lol, that sounds well funny!! nothing like that has ever happened to me, although i have woke up during the night with my nose pouring with blood, wonder if i had been walloped in the nose in my dream??
  4. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

can you get percussion loading trousers?? WOW!!!

I gotta get me a pair of them!!
  5. Sam Atherton

Sam Atherton Member

I've heard that basket weaving can be quite theraputic... :wink:
  6. Trigger

Trigger Member

And origami! I have ahd a dream like that before. I dreamt that I was playing with my friends hamster in the night and it run off. I got up, turned the light on and started looking for it all over her room. Then I realised it was in the cage. :? :? :roll:
  7. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

see it wouldn't have been a problem if you were a cornet player... when they said there was percussion equipment to be lifted you would have just sat there with a bemused look on your face, wondering why the percussionists didn't carry it all since you carried your whole cornet... :wink: :roll:
  8. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Reminds me of the vicar who dreamt he was preaching a sermon . . . . he woke up and found that he was :!: :shock: :wink:
  9. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

hmm.. bizarre indeed. if its any consolation, i sleepwalk, and i keep finding myself asleep in the bath, i know I went to bed in my bed, but i wake up in the bath at 4 am or some such ridiculous hour....

its very painful on ur back :(
  10. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Lol, nice one Peter :wink:
    I never understood why we all have dreams anyway... or why sometimes we do and sometimes we don't. Weird! :?
  11. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

how rude lynchie...who is it that sets up the bandroom every rehearsal?? ...none other than the 2nd cornets!!! :wink:

that actually happened to me...well it was my hamster :? but when I went to look for it it was actually out of the cage and had eaten my bonsi tree :shock:

ps nick love the avatar!!! really made be laugh :lol:
  12. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

Well, I suppose they've got to be useful for something!!!!

13. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

I thank you. Taken on my most recent visit to Manc land. Though I have no idea who those glasses actually belonged to I have no idea!
  14. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

One of my old drinking pals had one of these moments.
    He got up in the night for a pee, then went back to bed.
    Next morning he woke up to furious shouting from his mother. He had gone into the living room and mistook a round coffee table with a large framed photo on it for the loo. Luckily he didn't need to do number 2's :shock:

I used to chuckle every time I went round his house as the photo still had a tide mark on it.
  15. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

That reminds me of when I was a nipper we entered a film competition by making a film about a giant hamster that attacked people - we used bonsai for scale, mmm those were the days. :roll:
  16. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

The scary part of my dreams if sometimes I can remember having it before and I let myself do all these things that I do in dreams, or if it's a bad dream I actually tell myself that I can wake up any time I want to. I can never remember the dream afterwards, but the feeling of control is always there.
  17. groovy

groovy Active Member

Nothing too bad, but I have woken up at 1.30 in the morning and gone off to do my paper round! The funny thing was I wasn't fazed by the fact it was dark and everyone was rolling home from the pub! My brother used to sleepwalk every night - hotels were a bit of a nightmare :shock:
  18. Rambo Chick

Rambo Chick Member

in amongst my recent spate of bizarre dreams.....

i dreamed that when outside, i had to stay undercover, because if i went out in the open i would be picked off and eaten by man sized vultures...... :shock:
  19. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

Are you sure that this was only just dream??? :wink:
  20. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

I agree, that happens in the New Forest down here all the time!