Oh Come, Oh Come, Emmanuel. New brass band arrangement. Rock ballad 6/8 feel.

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by x9ret, Dec 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. x9ret

x9ret Member

Brass Band arrangement of the traditional Advent carol "Oh Come, Oh Come, Emmanuel" in a rock ballad style. This arrangement can be played by bands of youth or lower section standard upwards.

Purchase PDF full score and parts for instant download here.

It begins with a solid rock ballad 6/8 beat, which accompanies some nice yet mysterious chords. The first verse's melody is taken by the cornets and euphoniums. The trombones take the second verse. After the full sounding second verse chorus, the third verse contrasts completely. It's much quieter with just the middle band led by the melody on flugel. Finally the cornets emerge with bell-like sounds to bring in the final majestic verse and repeated chorus. It ends with a return to the mysterious chords from the first intro. The arrangement aims to provide a rock ballad feel yet never letting go of the mystery...

Listen to music software play it on youtube or soundcloud.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Brass Band
    Advent
    Oh Come, Oh Come, Emmanuel
    Emmanuel
    verse chorus
  3. x9ret

x9ret Member

All my other arrangements can be found through those links too.

Finally, if you have any suggestions of public domain works for me to arrange in future at this level, PM me.

4. DS2014

DS2014 Active Member

Very nice arrangement; being greedy now...it'd be great to hear a band play it rather than the computer synth.

5. x9ret

x9ret Member

Many thanks DS2014. Hopefully bands will enjoy playing it.

6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Links now out of date.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.