Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Texus, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Texus

Texus Member

Nothing like a good start to the week..... 24 hours notice of Ofsted inspection. Starts tomorrow. Even if you came last at the weekend bet that you have a better start than that!
  2. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Good Luck, go kick some ofsted heinie
  3. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

Good Luck!

Always scares me that will happen to me at some point. Always trying to do things in regard that ofsted might decided to come in!!
  4. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Good luck. Had Ofsted earlier this year. Spent ages preparing lessons and they didn't even come in any of mine.
  5. Bungle

Bungle Member

Noboby expects the Ofsted inspection! Our chief weapon is surprise.. suprise and fear... fear and suprise. Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to Ofsted.

for those too young to know monty python

Hope this makes you smile Texus
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  6. Texus

Texus Member

Certainly did - many thanks! Nearly as funny as reading my yr 11 predictions!
  7. Bungle

Bungle Member

Doh. Should have posted this, as the script dosn't do it justice.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  8. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

We got our Ofsted phonecall on the 1st day back after Christmas- Happy New Year eh! They were in Thursday and Friday of the 1st week back. Nothing like easing yourself into work after the holidays.

Good luck with yours :)
  9. cookie2

cookie2 Member

Ooh, good luck with that! :-?

We've got that sword hanging over us at the moment too, waiting for HMI after a bit of a ropey Ofsted last year. I'd rather wait for a wisdom tooth extraction! Still, I'm part time, so fingers crossed for a 2-dayer at the beginning of the week.....;)
  10. cookie2

cookie2 Member

P.S. What are all you teachers doing posting at this time on a monday morning anyway? You'll end up sparking one of those 'Teachers have it easy' threads! :tongue:

And now I'm off, before I get a virtual slap, and because my 21-month-old excuse for being on here at this time is climbing up my leg! ;)
  11. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

I am so lucky to have a day off cos the school roof blew away on Thursday. I went in on Friday with no kids, but we were then told it was unsafe until it was fixed!:D
  12. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

It must be awful to have inspections once every so often with a bit of prior warning thrown in.

I'd much rather have it like it is at my work where you're inspected and scrutinised every day without any prior notice whatsoever. :rolleyes:

*enter angry teacher responses, stage left*
  13. cookie2

cookie2 Member

LMAO! See, it didn't take take long. You can't say I didn't warn you! ;)
  14. Texus

Texus Member

Trust me - i'm all for no notification of visits whatsoever. Would stop all of the leadership + Head panicking and causing Chaos!!!! As for what i am doing on here at the mo, blame the Btec culture of student independant research. Trying to work out how they get from researching Mozart etc. to games and dodgy sites!
  15. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Member

Ha, don't they just look at your favourites / bookmarks??? :)

gluck with the inspection.. try not to swear....audibly....
  16. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Like tMP?
  17. squirrel

squirrel Member

It's easy to stop, just warn them they're barely one step away from a career in IT :eek:
  18. Teflon1961

Teflon1961 Member

At our place, we too worry about Ofsted and the ALI... but as my colleague once said about our College..."What's the worst they can do??" to which another colleague quietly replied.... "keep you on..."

Good luck with it all..;)
  19. cookie2

cookie2 Member

Nah, telling them they could get paid for doing that sort of thing all day would surely just encourage them.
  20. Alisop

Alisop Member

Good Luck! we were "done" last March. They didn't come and see any Music, Art or Drama lessons, I felt a bit disappointed because i'd written lesson plans, had my objectives on the board and everything!