Official tMP Yorkshire Regional 2008 thread

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Di, Feb 17, 2008.

1. SuperCat

SuperCat Member

Oh right, so 3 bands relegated from 1st sec then? - Barnsley BS, Grange Moor and South Yorkshire Police.

2. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Can't remember reading anywhere if anyone has mentioned it before in this thread, but I just remembered, I was in the hall listening to bands 6 onwards in the third section, and I'm pretty sure it was band 8 I was listening to (could have been 7, the memory's a bit hazy now) some berks mobile phone went off, right in the middle quiet bit of DSOTM.

How thick or insensitive are some people?!?!?!? :-?

If it was anyone on here, be ashamed, be very ashamed.

3. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

'I can feel something very strange, I havnt felt for a long time'

4. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Similar thing happend for Dodworth in the 2nd Section on Sunday - just in the quiet passage - the conductor turned round and gave the general area from where the noise emmited a withering look.

5. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Aye, that was not far to my left - I hope eliot didn't think it was me!!

6. jcowensEb

jcowensEb Member

a couple of bands i listened to did that aswell,if a band makes misstakes like playing in the wrong places they shouldn't come high up,my oppinion tho!!!!!!!!!!

7. Cornishbassman

Cornishbassman New Member

Why not just name the so called bands that you felt played it wrong so they can defend themselves??
    I played in the first section and can assure you that we certainly played it as written.

8. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

Heres a thought..... let's not eh! No need to name individual bands and bass sections contained there in. It's not going to change the result or make anyone feel any better, so let's not!!:D

9. paddo

paddo Member

Why not!! we know we played it correct and so do other bands. Instead of making it sound as though the band that came first, second or whatever played it wrong just come out with it! instead these comments make other bands feel they where robbed.....

I can and all the rest of the band can assure everyone on here that the winning band played it correctly, and like all others we have the disk ;)

rant over......

10. leisa

leisa Active Member

yeah, there might have been a reason why it was like that. I think this forum has got to a stage where people are 'scared' to name names. I don't see the problem myself...

11. SuperCat

SuperCat Member

12. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

Sigh.... Go on then. It's always the same people with the pointing fingers and determined ability to cause a pointless row! :|

13. Cornishbassman

Cornishbassman New Member

I was only pointing out that there have been several suggestions that bass sections have played this incorrectly, yet no-one was prepared to say who. If someone has something to say they should they should spit it all out, not leave everyone guessing! My partner in crime (Paddo) has already stated that the winning band played it correctly. I do agree it is time to let the whole issue drop. The contest was clearly not won or lost on this bass part alone so maybe people should have been listening to the whole performance and not just this bit!

14. barrytone

barrytone Member

Bass Parts Played Wrongly

We at Knottingley didn't play it wrong either, I can guarantee that my very talented and knowledgable sister, who played Eb bass for us at the area, knows the piece far too well to make that obvious mistake. So it wasn't us, running out of suspects aren't we? Will the guilty band please own up! Said tongue in cheek of course.

15. hvb_shizzle

hvb_shizzle Member

Yawn! just let it be, whats done is done can't change it now no matter how much whinging and complaining everybody does.

16. barrytone

barrytone Member

What I find hard to understand, to be totally honest, is that there seems to be a pattern emerging about this bass part being right. Am I missing something? It was never an issue in any rehearsals we had. Surely there were other differences in performances, if only because there were so many discrepancies between score and parts plus errata sheets.

We played early on and I listened to every band that followed us and can't remember anyone playing it wrong. Is it a case of a conductor mentioning to his band in rehearsals as a possible pit fall in the piece and a couple of players becoming fixated on this part? Seems strange that with all the difficult parts in the piece, one that was relatively simple has received such prominence in this thread. Very strange.

17. leisa

leisa Active Member

oh.my.god. i dont think anyone was trying to start an arguement until you said they were. were they not simply saying that the band could be named? jeesus people on here really are over sensitive!

Whatever band it was obviously did something right to come in the top few, i know it wasnt us (barnsley BB) maybe the adjudicators just werent that bothered about that small section opposed to the rest of the piece if they played that really well.

18. Burn_The_Test Piece

Burn_The_Test Piece New Member

Why don't all the people who have issues left over from the contest get together at a neutral venue and have a big bare-knuckle fight?

That would sort everything out and clear the air ready for the summer concert programme.

19. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

:clap: I like you!!!

And yes Leisa, some people on here are over sensitive!

20. jcowensEb

jcowensEb Member

hey u agree wid me,i like u lol:D