Official tMP West of England Regional 2008 thread

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Di, Feb 17, 2008.

1. davethehorny

davethehorny Member

Guesswork mainly!

But often better not to get tipped in the top 6. So often the kiss of death.
  2. MattEarl

MattEarl Member

Oh I remember it so well!!!

Thanks Dave (I think)

Good luck to Drybrook too. I hope all is well there, can't wait to catch up with you all.
  3. Good luck to all the bands in the West of England this weekend, it's going to be strange not being there this year (mutter mutter too many contests on the same day mutter mutter), I'm going to be in the slightly less glamourous location of Swansea.
  4. Duracell

Duracell New Member

Matt & Dave

Please can we remember whose green number it was....

It never made it back to my wardrobe!
  5. davethehorny

davethehorny Member

I thought Matt looked great in it - with his lip stick, eyeliner and hairy legs.

More Emily Howard - ropey transvestite than a real lady.

Shame we can't post photos on this forum. Although they can be made available for a small fee.
  6. alks

alks Member

Dam, Im sitting here shivering away with a stinker of a cold(i hate the shivers). Just what i need with 3 days to go! Looks like its getting worse too with my throat puffing up. oh well, will just have to go and struggle through. Lots of fruit for me.

The band is playing well. And this year our soprano playing purcussionist is just playing sop.

Good luck to all the bands. Hopefully I will make it.......

7. MattEarl

MattEarl Member

Just found out that our hotel has been closed down due to the NOra virus, yes, it's hit Torquay!!

Let's hope we can fend that off and that our new hotel in Babbacombe is ok!!

Brings a whole new meaning to sh**ting yourself!
  8. Am I ME?

Am I ME? Member

Really looking forward to Torquay now, we're all travelling up in cars on friday which means no ridiculously early ferry time!
  9. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Which Hotel was that?
  10. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

Good luck to Matt Earl and everyone at Cheltenham Silver.

Lets hope you can do just as well as last year, not the 7th Place but beating you know who:biggrin:

Good Luck:tup
  11. QAD

QAD Member

To be fair 4br didn't too badly on their predictions in Yorkshire - hope fully they've got their fourth section predictions the wrong way around again for the West of England though
  12. I hope they haven't given us the kiss of death this year! I want to go see the queen this year! although if it doesn't go to plan St Magnus at the Scottish Open will be awesome to play!
  13. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

Good Luck at the Weekend Huw I hope is all going well for the band in preparation and You need to Qualify so that Mum and Dad can have their annual trip to Haragate to support you and do the draw for Harold

Good Luck Guys

Also Good Luck to Dave and all at AW Parker Drybrook
  14. QAD

QAD Member

Cheers GingerMaestro,
    We'll do our best to get there - hopefully Peter Roberts and Rob Wiffin will agree on my reading of it and the band will play well enough. Lots of unkowns this year though, two down from the third section and a new band again... it will be a very interesting day.
  15. Liz Loftus

Liz Loftus Member

What a dissapointment re the sop not playing percussion as well - it was so entertaining last year and he did brilliantly :tup will try and ge to hear some of the 4th section but we are playing at the same time so might be tricky,good luck though!!!
  16. Liz Loftus

Liz Loftus Member

Our final rehearsal tonight!!

We have had our fair share of problems in preparing for this one. started when we found out the sop and percussion section had booked a holiday to Gambia that clashed with the areas :eek: Thankfully we have managed to find excellent replacements :tup

The last few weeks have been a bit rocky with the usual illnesses - quite a nasty bug going around North Devon at the moment, I have been hit by it and not been able to breath properly for nearly 2 weeks - the 2nd movement is still a killer!! Several other players are aslo struggling. Our solo trombone fell on Sunday morning and managed to crack her ribs, this is to add to the tennis elbow she suffers from leaves her in a bit of a mess :eek:

loving the piece though and looking forward to the weekend we are stayig for both days - being invaded by 4 poor students who better hadn't distrub my beauty sleep ;)

Good luck to everyone, the 2nd section is really close and should be interesting and I'm especially looking forward to the championship section, although Polysteel should be the band to beat, its goingto be very close with Cambourne and Woodfalls. Special good luck to Lympstone!!
    say hello if you see us in the bar:biggrin:
  17. MattEarl

MattEarl Member

Thanks GM, aiming to please...........:biggrin:

Good luck at the mids
  18. pvillers

pvillers New Member

It's nice to have such a musical and generally classy piece as Festival Music to play at the areas. It's not always the case that you get the chance to play a piece of music you actually enjoy playing for the areas.

Best of luck to all competing bands!!
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2008
  19. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

Well just back from our last rehearsal and post rehearsal debrief in the pub - things going well and if we have a good run through tomorrow with a bit of luck on our side we should do well.

On a personal point of view, I managed to break my little finger on my right hand this morning and it really hurts!! Not the thing you want the day before the contest!! Oh well, a little pain never hurt anyone!! See you in the bar I suppose.

All the best to all competing bands, I hope you all have a really good day but try not to be beat us!!:biggrin:
  20. Cyndy

Cyndy Member

2nd Section Results

1. Bristol East and Kingswood, R. Curran, 8, 188
    2. Shrewton Silver, M. Dunford, 5, 186
    3. Soundhouse Brass, G. Pumford, 9, 185
    4. Michelmersh Silver, M. White, 3, 183
    5. Camborne B, A. Pope, 12, 181
    6. Forest Of Dean Brass, J. Gwynne, 1, 179
    7. Phoenix Brass (Crewkerne), P. Slator, 6, 177
    8. Gillingham Imperial Silver, A. McRae, 10, 176
    9. South Molton Town, T. Treherne, 7, 175