Official tMP West of England Regional 2008 thread

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Di, Feb 17, 2008.

1. BassBlaster

BassBlaster Member

Of course Weenie your famous now, being on points west, good luck on finding a permenant bandroom.
    Are you going to go on stage as Elvis at Torquay?, a very fetching outfit at my Nieces party, check out Chalfords website for the picture!.
  2. jim

jim Member

Elvis you kept that quite weenie!!!
  3. Looking forward to the day out!! How is everyone getting on preparing?? we have had two fatalities within our ranks! One member ended up half way down a cliff after doing a charity skydive with me and the other one has broke his arm somehow!! they are both making a swift recovery though! Really enjoying the test piece, very tricky this year it takes a very quality band to pull this one off! Ball at his best.
  4. agodwin

agodwin New Member

Actually, the outfit at the party was Freddie Mercury!
  5. BassBlaster

BassBlaster Member

Ahhh, Freddy eh!, see I was sober and don`t know no better. Blummin heck Andy, your 50 AND you use the computer!!!!, Principle Cornet as well!!!.
    I may buy you a pint in Torquay, if you play your cadenza perfectly.
  6. Kiz7

Kiz7 Member

Blimey, recovering from fatalities??? They must be TRUE banders!

that's impressive!
  7. Just to add to insult now our Flugel player has perforated his ear drum and might not be able to play!! Its really not our year this year!
  8. Flugirl

Flugirl New Member

whats all this talk about my party eh :p! weenie i thought ur freddie mercury costume was rather fethching HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAaa! But can i just say i thought u were even more good looking when u dressed up as a woman! HAHAH do u remember the bonnet :p? ? ? ? ? ? dont worry if u dont .. i have many pictures to remind you ! X X
  9. does anyone know if any recordings are going to be made?! Been confirmed that I am now going to be playing flugel! And I havn't even mastered the cornet yet! just what you want a week and a half before the area! Oh well thats life....
  10. boagy

boagy Member

Fatalities, Russians, Elvis and Freddy Mercury!!!!!

Well any way, all the best to every band performing next weekend, good to see Lanner back. See you all in the bar. Oh yes Weenie I have seen your ‘Freddy’ jacket and its very ‘nice’ the likeness is uncanny. Good luck Paul on Flugel

Cheers now

The Colonel
  11. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Oh dear! Things don't seem to be going too well in Camborne!! I'll have to cheer extra loud for you lot this year!

Paul - I'm sure you'll make an excellent Flugel player!
  12. MattEarl

MattEarl Member

Well folks, it's the final week of rehearsals and Torquay is drawing nearer.
    Starting to get quite excited about it all.

Good luck to all the bands competeing especially our fellow GBBA members.
  13. davethehorny

davethehorny Member

I don't know what you are getting so excited about Matt - anyone would think that you were getting nervous about all those people watching you wave the stick.

Best of luck to Cheltenham for Saturday - shame I won't be there to see it.
  14. MattEarl

MattEarl Member

Thanks Dave, I've been trying to forget about that. Sleepless nights, can't stop humming/singing/whistling the test piece, please tell me that it get's easier???!!!! :confused:
  15. Keith Lewis

Keith Lewis Member

Good luck Portishead!

1st time in the 1st section, play well on and off the contest stage.:clap:
  16. davethehorny

davethehorny Member

Matt - Of course it gets easier - about 5.00 O Clock Saturday afternoon.

Just after the results and about the third pint!
  17. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

Come on people this thread is a little quiet!! Who's confident? Who's enoying the test piece? Who thinks it's all coming together? Who wants to cry? Let your feelings be known!!

I am pleased with the way we are playing. I think the First Section is probably going to be the most competitive of the day - but I may be a bit biased!! Would actually have loved to have played Festival Music but old Jimmy Cook is chucking out a few problems!!

All the best to all bands for next weekend - it is sure to be a great contest. I am looK forward to seeing you in the bar afterwards! Please come and say hello as otherwise I may be a lonely Welshman!!
  18. Im trying to get my confidence up for it! been shoved on to Flugel a week before the area! although me and the rest of my band are loving Festival Music! Frank Renton is hot on his heels for this one so should be a good weeks practice! although I still want to cry! want to be back on Cornet!
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  19. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

You clearly LOVE it Saggers : )
  20. QAD

QAD Member

Piece is sounding pretty good, but we've had the usual problems before a contest. Two players down, with some reshuffling in the band to fill the gaps. Tonight should show if the sectionals have paid off.
    Will be glad to put the four cheese symphony back in the cupboard where long may it rest - we had a blast through Dark Side of Moon and the band sight-read it very well - wouldn't mind sneaking onto the third section stage and playing it.
    Can't say that I'm impressed with the organisation deciding not to relegate any bands out of the third section this year, when four years ago we were demoted with 5 other bands because three were on equal points and two were rule N. After 4 gruelling years in the fourth section it doesn't seem fair - why not promote three or four bands last year? Can't take another year of it :mad: down hear - anyone gotta ladder?