Official tMP North of England Regional Thread 2006

Discussion in '2006 National Championships of Great Britain discu' started by dyl, Mar 4, 2006.

1. hornblower

hornblower Member

Go Dunston Silver.... I'm thinkin of you all, and am positive there will be a celebtration next weekend!!!
    Love to you all missing you all lots! :-(
    love
    Kate
    xxxxxx

2. The other son

The other son Member

Aye, best of luck to BHK Horden Uk ltd....... et cetera.... band - I'm making this post because I feel really guilty due to the fact that I was unable to attend the practice tonight and really fancied a bit practice at the testpiece.

.....using an Eb and a practice mute isn't the same :(

3. ekimmort

ekimmort Member

So thats what you meant when you said you practice religiously:confused:

4. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Ermmmmm no!!! Im in a constant state of puddledness!!

Isnt banding great lol

5. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Eee you skiver Elliot!! You missed a treat- rehearsing in a fridge at The Crossways last night.

6. The other son

The other son Member

:biggrin:

woops... I mean :frown:

7. The other son

The other son Member

in the interests of keeping interest in our area.... if that makes sense. I would like to make the following public notification.

I apologise in advance for anything I may say/do in the northern area post pub gatherings.

...I also apologise because I intend on going out in South Shields afterwards too :biggrin:

8. Ste69

Ste69 Member

Shoudl I bring a Camera for blackmail purposes? ;)

9. ekimmort

ekimmort Member

You'r up late Steve, I think you should get an early night to prepare for those little darlings at Biggin tomorrow and prepare yourself for late night drinking on Sunday. Wishing you and the rest of the local bus company's music department the best of luck.

10. Ste69

Ste69 Member

Don't worry about it mate - Cheers for the vote of good luck, the same to yourselves of course for Saturday, good luck and all the best :p

As for Sunday night.....it'll be definitely :guiness
    and Monday morning will be :hammer

11. robcav

robcav Member

After the thrills and spills and pressure of the Yorkshire Area, I'm looking forward to the North East Area contest and a victory for Langbaurgh in the first section.

They are a fantastic bunch of people and a cracking band too.

Very best wishes for Saturday. I'll be there to cheer you on.

Come on Langbaurgh.

12. boneman0970

boneman0970 Member

Good Luck Lord Blastious( You Know who you are)!

I hope my first Bass Trom duel with you wont be my last!!

Your OLD Padawan apprentice

13. Ste69

Ste69 Member

Ok then - it's half a week to go and all the other regions have more posts than us!!!!
    Lets just all put up the following:

1) Who we are, 2) Who we play with, 3) When we'll be there.

Me = 1) Stephen Gibson 2) EYMS 3) Sunday afternoon (hopefully till late for boozing) :guiness

14. a very flat b

a very flat b Member

1) Ian Backhouse 2) BBb Bass East Riding of Yorkshire Band ( Missionary duties from West Yorkshire) 3) Saturday PM.

Good luck to all. Especially those, like us from the 2nd section who are going to prove that even 'Images' will not defeat us - regardless of the result!

15. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

That's because they're still busy squabbling over the results!

More interesting than who I am is the question: why have so many bands pulled out this year? Yes, there are some difficult pieces all round but other regions have not experienced the same percentage of non-entries as the Northern region has, right across the sections.

In the Championship section the situation means that we can't be relegated this year but I'd far sooner enjoy a good contest with all our local rivals.

Hopefully see you for a beer at some stage during the day Mr Gibson...

D

16. Ste69

Ste69 Member

You say that every year and I'm still thirsty and waiting ;)

Or am I supposed to be buying ?????

17. bigcol

bigcol Member

1) Colin Harris 2) Five Rivers Brass 3) Sunday afternoon

18. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

1) Michelle Garbutt 2) 2nd Baritone Murton Colliery Band 3) Saturday PM

19. dave jake

dave jake Member

1 Dave Jakeman 2 Bb Bass Dunston Silver 3 Sunday AM

20. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Colin Harding, Eb Bass - Westoe, Saturday PM

I think the withdrawls are down to that ongoing north east problem of lack of players. There just aren't enough players in the area full stop, let alone enough to allow x,y,z number of bands to play pieces like JtCE or Voyage to a reasonable standard.... Its all a case of supply and demand and the demand is currently outstripping the supply IMHO.

(Is this the best areas discussion we can come up with? Everyone else is having babies over Pennine playing a blinder and the best we can manage is the age old malaise of Northern banding. How depressing!)