Official tMP North of England Regional Thread 2006

Discussion in '2006 National Championships of Great Britain discu' started by dyl, Mar 4, 2006.

1. dyl

dyl Active Member

This is the official tMP discussion thread for the North of England Regional Contest of the forthcoming Regional Championships of Great Britain.

Feel free to discuss your thoughts and predictions for each section within the area - but don't forget to enter the tMP Predictions Competition- for your chance to contribute to the overall tMP Predictions. Details of the tMP Predictions Competition can be found here: http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/showthread.php?t=19589

We also ask that when the results for the various sections are announced, they are posted in this thread, and not posted as brand new threads - it has the potential to become extremely messy should this be the case. We will be creating and maintaining a complete set of results for viewing on the tMP Portal as they happen.

We do have one request though! Please remember, that when pasting directly from other sources, always credit the source please.

Saturday 19th March
    Dolphin Centre, Darlington

2nd Section - Draw 11.45am, starts 1.00pm
    Adjudicator : Alan Fernie

Cockerton Silver (G Nicklin) - East Riding of Yorkshire ( J Kendall) - Lockwood Brass (J Roberts) - Murton Colliery (D Noble) -- Wansbeck's Ashington Colliery (N Steadman)

1st Section - Draw : 1.45pm, starts after 2nd Section
    Adjudicator : C Brian Buckley

Broughtons' Brass (B Grant) - Easington Colliery (D Hirst) - Felling (G Tindall) - GT Group Peterlee (B Holden) - Houghton (T Gibson) Langbaurgh Brass (R Collinson) - Northumbrian Water Ellington Colliery (TBC) - Westoe (R Tennant) York Railway Institute (D Warley)

4th Section - Draw 9.00am Starts 10.00am
    Adjudicator : Alan Fernie

Barnard Castle (G Hutchinson) - Barrow Concert (A Garbutt) - Barton Town (M Bentham) - Bearpark & Esh Colliery (TBC) - Craghead Colliery (J Robson) - Dalton Town (M Latimer) - Dunston Silver (S Murrill) - Kirkby Lonsdale (A Greenwood) - Marske Brass (A Prest) - Stanhope Silver (S Robson) - Trimdon Concert (A Holmes)

3rd Section - Draw : 12.15pm, starts after 4th Section
    Adjudicator : C Brian Buckley

Billington Silver (V Evans) - Carlisle St Stephens (D Dye) - Dearham (M Condron) - Durham Constabulary (K McDonald) - Five Rivers Brass (D Beckley) - Flimby Saxhorn (G Evans MBE) - Hetton Silver (K Wheatley) - Stape Silver (M Breckon) - Swinton & District Excelsior (P Carter)

Championship Section - Draw 3.15pm, starts after 3rd Section
    Adjudicator : D Broadbent

Barrow Shipyard (J Durrant) - BHK (UK) Ltd (TBC) - East Yorkshire Motor Services (J Davis) - Fishburn (R Gray) Greggs' Bakery (D Beckley) - Harrogate (D Lancaster) - Kirkbymoorside Town (J Woodward ) - Reg Vardy (R Farr) - Tavistock Chester-le-Street) Riverside (I Robinson)

Source : British Bandsman

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2006
  2. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Can somebody clear this up for me, will only one band qualify from the 2nd section?
    If so then what happens to the extra place? Will another area get the place and if so who chooses who gets it?

3. Di

Di Active Member

Well, according to the National Rules, "up to 16 bands entered .......... 2 bands qualify"

4. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Yeah sorry my bro showed me the rules almost straight after I posted...D'OH!

5. Di

Di Active Member

No worries, we're all here to try and help. ;)

6. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

2 bands will qualify but unless there's a tie on points only 1 will get promoted and demoted

7. bigcol

bigcol Member

Any official "runners and riders" yet?

8. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

Why do my back-row keep answering back? I should know how it goes - I've lost far more contests than they have.

:eek: lol

Last edited: Mar 5, 2006
  9. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

I bet not until the draw on the day if your talking about bands that have withdrawn. Tmp has the tables and points though for a list of bands in the section and the bandsman I think put all the runners and riders in the other week.

10. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

the predictions in the bandsman came out this week:

North of England

Champ: Reg Vardy, Fishburn, EYMS
    1st: Easington, Langbaurgh, Westoe
    2nd: Lockkwood Brass, Murton Colliery, Wansbeck Ashington
    3rd: Dearham, 5 Rivers, Flimby Saxhorn
    4th: Dunston Silver, Stanhope, Bearpark and Esh

11. dave jake

dave jake Member

Oh dear is being tipped the kiss of death

12. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

I hope not!

13. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

14. ekimmort

ekimmort Member

Adjudicator?

:pig Hope the adjudicator is fairer than some recent refs at the KC .

15. bigcol

bigcol Member

****** hope not - 3rd section is hard enough, 2nd section would just about kill us off:eek:

16. a very flat b

a very flat b Member

Never mind Ekim, at least we can get a top five place, unlike Hull City:biggrin:

17. ekimmort

ekimmort Member

That was below the belt, even lower than those notes you are trying to find:(

18. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

You and me both mate

19. ACertainLittleMiss

ACertainLittleMiss New Member

North East Areas

Any dark horses this year?

20. Ste69

Ste69 Member

Erm..... Champion the Wonder Horse and Black Beauty are in the 3rd Section I think :cool: