Official tMP North of England Regional 2008 thread

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Di, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Ste69

Ste69 Member

Sorry you're not playing mate. But will you be popping up for a wee snifter in the bar afterwards (and maybe to listen to a couple of bands?) :)

Also, good luck to all bands this weekend (especially us) - I'm really looking forward to this one now!!! :cool:
  2. BrassGroupie

BrassGroupie New Member

Just a quick message to say best of luck to all the bands competing in tomorrow's Regionals!

Special good luck wishes to EYMS though... I'm very much looking forward to hearing how they play back under Bob Childs' stick!

Fun to have the battle of the Childs brothers in the North East region for a change! :)

Good luck all! Go EYMS!
  3. Ste69

Ste69 Member

Ooops, I think you meant baton there... stick sounds a bit wrong. Hehe! :biggrin:
  4. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

I shall be there supporting the local breweries yes!
  5. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

courtesy of 4BR

Saturday 29 March
    Adjudicator: Colin Hardy
    Four Cities Symphony - Rodney Newton
    Commences: 12.00pm

1. South Milford Brass, R. Wilton, 4, 180
    2. Kirkby Lonsdale Brass, A. Greenwood, 7, 177
    3. Bearpark & Esh, V. Eckerman, 1, 175
    4. Marske Brass, A. Prest, 11, 174
    5. Trimdon Concert Brass, B. Wright, 2, 173
    6. Stanhope Silver, S. Robson, 8, 172
    7. Aycliffe & Brancepeth, M. Priestley, 13, 171
    8. Swinton & District Excelsior, N. Sutherland, 12, 170
    9. Kingsway Printers Cleethorpes, S. Askew, 3, 169
    10. Lanchester, J. Fenwick, 10, 168
    11. Chester-le-Street Riverside Concert Brass, M. Humphrey, 5, 167
    12. Backworth Colliery, C. Harris, 9, 166
    13. Craghead Colliery, J. Robson, 6, 165
    Shepherd Group Concert Brass, M. Pratt, w

Best Euphonium: Glen Kilburn, South Milford
    Best Cornet: Nicky Bond, South Milford

Top 2 bands qualify

6. postie

postie Member

Courtesy of 4bars rest:

Section 3

Saturday 29 March.
    Adjudicator: Peter Roberts
    The Dark Side of the Moon - Paul Lovatt-Cooper
    Commences: following 4th Section results

1. Flookburgh, J. Iveson, 5, 184
    2. Billingham Silver, V. Evans, 1, 182
    3. Dunston Silver, S. Murrill, 2, 181
    4. Barrow Concert, M. Scales, 3, 180
    5. Ripon City, M. Dibb, 4, 179
    6. Barnard Castle, D. Dunphy, 7, 178
    7. Stape Silver, M. Breckon, 8, 177
    8. East Riding of Yorkshire, P. Andrews, 6, 176

Top 2 bands qualify
  7. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

Well done Sue and Peter and my friends at Dunston....not far from the 2nd section now :) and well done to Monty and co at Bearpark.
  8. Lucian Carstairs

Lucian Carstairs New Member

Well done Esh...!!!!!
  9. killer

killer Member

Not that i would even think of gloating.............. but

Would you believe it, South Milford, arrogant lot that they are swept the board, lets face it, the only way SMB could loose today was if we hadnt turned up, and even then we would have probably got 2nd place.

Nice one to all at SMB, even Kirst (probably the most arrogant player in the band)
    Bring on the finals and i'm sure all our new fans will be cheering us on next Sep............. As if

Thanks to the N O E and i really do hope i havnt upset anyone.

10. zak

zak Member

Upset? ... NO
    disappointed in you? .. YES
    bad sportsmanship? ... YES

Richard Wilton is a really good friend of mine and I wouldn't think for one minute that he would want the band portrayed in this image you think amusing. Your comments undoubtedly will/are taking the shine off your no doubt worthy victory which is a real shame. If you think that you are been clever/funny with your comments then you are not, trust me.

Being a poor winner says nothing for all the hard work put in by all the other competing bands.

Ps... well done Richard on the victory, will give you a call in next few days matey!
  11. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Here you go people, another example of what can happen when you're drunk.
  12. T Winch

T Winch Member

Too true. I missed their performance unfortunately but I know of at least 2 people who went in hoping to see them fall flat on their faces after reading the arrogant comments in this thread. The person who posted them has done nothing to win friends for the band. I'm sure though that the comments of this one person do not reflect the opinions of the rest of the band. Congratulations on what I hear was a worthy victory.
  13. goosie baby

goosie baby Member

South Milford can't decide which area they play in, andeven if they did they would have cleared the table like they did in Darlington yesterday. They kick ass really well. So watch them, they are truly up and coming.

WELL DONE SOUTH MILFORD BRASS!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
  14. goosie baby

goosie baby Member

15. killer

killer Member

oops I,m getting told off, which i may add is nothing compared to the *******ing i have just recieved from the wife !

Anyway, here is my anticipated response.

Sense of humour......Yes
    Disappointed that every one took my comments seriously....YES
    Proud of SMB performance yesterday....Yes...............however

If i have caused any embarrassment to anyone associated to SMB then i apologise, The comments posted on this site were tongue in cheek and were not intended to be taken seriously, they were of my own doing and are not the views of South Milford Brass. in other words (and this is very difficult for me to say) I am very sorry.

ps we were brilliant you know ...... here i go again,... What am i gonna be like if we win the finals, what do i mean if !!!!!! talk to all next Sep
  16. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Can I just say that I really enjoyed the South Milford performance yesterday, they really were worthy winners of the section and should do well in several sections higher. The standard in the section was much higher than I thought it would have been and I really enjoyed the piece too. I had a lovely afternoon yesterday!

Getting ready to head off to Darlo again now, hope I've remembered everything this time.........
  17. Matt Lawson

Matt Lawson Member

I don't think I've quite ever read anything quite like the gloating on this thread!

Once you've come off your South Milford coloured soapbox, perhaps a little word of congratulations to the other twelve bands in the section who bust their b******s to get to Darlington and put a performance on.

Yes, you won by 3 points, and I wasn't there so presume it was justified, but think about the other bandsmen on here who are reading comments like "If we hadn't turned up, we'd still have come 2nd".

My ex band Swinton for example, I'm incredibly proud of them. They've got a very very young band and came back to Darlington this year after a year off, and to come 8th out of 13 is a great result for them.

So before whisking away on the South Milford honeymoon after your Darlington love-in, I suggest a brief moment to remember that some bands can go home proud even if they don't have a trophy or any prize money in tow.
  18. Trumpettrousers

Trumpettrousers New Member

I couldn't agree more! we 2 have a very young band, had a great day and went home proud with 5th place :clap: :clap: :clap:
  19. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Now that's not true... some people thought you were just drunk :rolleyes:
  20. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Many many congrats to Richard and all at South Milford for a great result!!

AND Killer ..................not everybody on here knows you and your "individual" sense of humour :wink: you can be such a silly boy (even bigger :wink:)

I can assure all you nice posters above who accuse SMB Band of arrogance, that there is in reallity just a friendly, confident bunch with a good sense of humour (well strange sense of humour in bald eagles case!!)

And, lets be fair and honest, contest wins don't come around that often so why not enjoy it?