Official tMP North of England Regional 2008 thread

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Di, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Yike!!! I do as a matter of fact- surreal!!!

Good luck to all competing on Saturday/ Sunday, I'm going to good ol' Darlo tomorrow to cheer on kids from my school playing in Chester le Street Riverside Concert Band and also Craghead Band in the fourth section.

Looking forward to Sunday now- bring it on!!!
  2. Drah drah

Drah drah New Member

Whatttt Ohhhh chap's and chapess's!!

Ginge and I were in the offciers mess last night talking about the finer points of tapestry weaving and gine asked me ' What' s happended to Pasty Muchers Band'??

If anybody could tell me I would of course give you a nice shiney six-pence, and let ginge know over a game cribbage tonight!

Tallly Bally Hooo
  3. YellowTubs

YellowTubs New Member

4. bigcol

bigcol Member

Contact member DAK ( he is their secretary.
  5. killer

killer Member

Its all about how many points there are between South Milford (winners) and 2nd place. Wait and see Sleepylee. We'l be like Caged Tigers by tomorrow. I just hope we're last on so at least there may be more than three people listening to how good we are!!! and i dont expect to be eating my words come Saturday afternoon . however, In the event that we dont win, (and thats very unlikely) then i will not be revisiting this web site until next years area !!

oh yes, before i go, i would like to wish all other competing bands in the 4th section the worst luck possible, (good sport that i am)

6. JR

JR Member

..nowt like confidence is there?

I remember Alan Minter saying something similar before he fought Marvin Hagler.

John R
  7. Burn_The_Test Piece

Burn_The_Test Piece New Member

I'm normally not fussed about results but on this occasion I hope that all the other bands in the 4th section thrash this arrogant lot and send them packing back to the area contest that they should be in. I'm only joking of course, I wish them all the best.
  8. colourofspring

colourofspring New Member

Advice request

Hello all brass folks -

Me and my good lady are planning to do a spot of leafleting in Darlington tomorrow (Saturday). Any advice on where to be (outside the venue, I imagine) and the best time to be there would be appreciated. We hope that you'll all be nice to us - it's our first time so we very apprehensive. However, we will not be intrusive and you'll not find our leaflets under your windscreen wipers!!!!

Thanks in advance for any advice.
  9. Lucian Carstairs

Lucian Carstairs New Member

Oh yes South Millford, yet another band that chooses to travel 62 miles to Darlington instead of 30 miles to Bradford for a contest...I wonder why?
  10. killer

killer Member

True but he did thrash Vito Antweferno or whatever his name was, the fight before.

11. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

I was under the impression that the regional boundaries were set and not a 'choice'.
  12. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

There was some controversy when the boundaries were changed aroung 12 (?) years ago. I think they're set now, but at the time several bands applied to be part of the Northern Area instead of Yorkshire. I may be wrong, and I'm sure someone will let me know...
  13. Blossom

Blossom Member

The changes to the regional boundaries were agreed by the NCC and Ann-Marie Sizer.

Bands could not apply to compete in the region of their choice - they didn't have a choice - they had to compete in the new regions.

Consequently some bands that had previously competed in Yorkshire region found themselves competing in the North region. Incurring much longer travel times and expense.
  14. Lucian Carstairs

So, it has absolutely nothing to do with the Northern Area being just a 'tad' easier to qualify for the National Finals than the Yorkshire Area....Good..
  15. Blossom

Blossom Member

I think it may have had more to do with bolstering the number of bands in the North area.

At the time some bands may have agreed with the changes thinking it easier to qualify in the North area than Yorkshire but I think that may be a misconception. The proof would be in the subsequent results.

How many of the bands who previously competed in the Yorkshire area and now compete in the North have qualified since the changes ?

I don't know - does anyone else ?
  16. Lucian Carstairs

That's a fair point Blossom ...
  17. ekimmort

ekimmort Member

Cottingham Qualified in Yorkshire for National Finals and Qualified in North of England. Likewise with City of Hull/EYMS and East Yorkshire Brass/Aunt Bessies.
  18. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

Stape too and Harrogate
  19. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Good Luck to everyone competing this weekend.

All The Best

its going to be very strange not playing this year
  20. bigcol

bigcol Member

Well today's the day! Good luck to all those taking part today (apart from that sop player from South Milford ;)) hopefully the weather won't be too bad.

I'm doubling up today; after Backworth I'm playing for Barnard Castle so it will be a pretty looooong day for me.