Official tMP North of England Regional 2008 thread

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Di, Feb 17, 2008.

1. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

Don't worry. This will no doubt kick off once the results are in :(

Good Luck to everyone!
  2. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

To be honest, I don't think anyone outside the North East could care less about our area contest.... that's probably why its so quiet!
  3. The Blonde

The Blonde Member

I agree, but what about a bit of interest from within the North East?
  4. Ste69

Ste69 Member

Agree with you there blondie but there's not a lot else to say till afterwards as its rehearsing all the way now!!!

Anyways - see you all Sunday eh? :)
  5. Ruthless

Ruthless Member

Hmmph, what about your friends at Barton, or don't you care about us any more? Flugella and I will not talk to you next time we see you!!

Are you come to support us on Sunday? Would love to see you if you are
  6. Ruthless

Ruthless Member

If you go back about 15 years the East yorks lot were in the yorkshire areas - they booted us out because they were too full and we have been travelling to Darlington ever since (And what a lovely bunch they are up in the North East too!;) )
  7. Lucian Carstairs

Lucian Carstairs New Member

Of course we are a lovely
    I know you've been competing up here for some years now...and we think your a lovely bunch tooo:D
  8. Lucian Carstairs

Lucian Carstairs New Member

I think it's gone off the boil so to speak with being later than all the other areas....and I'm sure we've peaked tooo early;) ....
  9. Blossom

Blossom Member

Don't put yourselves down.

Have just been reading the 4BR articles about your region. I reckon you're in for a good weekend. You've certainly got some high profile M.D's in your top section - will be interesting to see the results.

Some good test pieces this year so come on you north easteners - finish the regionals off on a high note.

Good Luck everybody.
  10. Ste69

Ste69 Member

You should come and listen - there's even a nice bar there - just dont forget your swimming cozzie and a quid for the lockers!!!! ;)
  11. Blossom

Blossom Member

Might just do that - not so sure about the cozzie.:oops:

You must be in with a good chance - Bob Childs, they don't come much
    better than him.:)
  12. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

Oh thanks Colin :frown:. I wont bother to come and hear you then! To be honest, out of all of the friends I made in bands in the North East, most of them don't appear to be registered on here and those that are don't seem to post that regularly.
  13. nhrg

nhrg Member

Trunk ated

To my disgust I've just noticed that the swimming pool is shut on Sunday - thanks very much Dolphin Centre. That's the only bit I look forward to, especially with this contest piece. I shall take to the stage in my speedos in protest.:mad:
  14. killer

killer Member

Even Bigger gaff,, they dont give South Milford Brass any chance at all !!!! Watch this space.

15. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Sorry lynda, nowt personal!!

The point I was making was that anyone without an interest in the north east, would be interested.

Hmm just reread that, talk about stating the obvious!!
  16. ekimmort

ekimmort Member

If the rule regarding uniformity of dress on stage still applies, your protest should lead to some interesting sights. :clap:
  17. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Just like to say good luck to Barrow Concert Band for this weekend. Show them what you can do.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :tup
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
  18. Sleepylee

Sleepylee New Member

Here we go again... It's all about second place.

Caged Tigers.
  19. 1st Position

1st Position Member

Just in case anyone has a free Friday, the East Yorkshire Motor Services Brass Band is having an open rehearsal tomorrow evening (Friday 28th) at Maybury Primary School, Maybury Road, Hull. (Full directions are on our Band website

Bob Childs will be putting the Band through their paces starting at 7.30pm.
  20. Mephi

Mephi Member

Just like to say a big 'good luck' to Lauradoll (the only person to attack me on Whit Friday with a lightsaber!!) and the Vardy lot. Also the same to Wansbeck's and my old Horden mates and again to my old (even if it was shorted lived!) charges at Marske.
    Have a good day all up there and Laura, be careful doll! Swimming pool's shut but remember Isle of Wight??!! Hehe!