Official tMP North of England Regional 2008 thread

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Di, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

One week to go, let the stress commence
  2. Ste69

Ste69 Member

Yep - 'tis going to be a busy week :eek:
  3. robcornet

robcornet Member

Good luck mate, hope it goes well. Don't forget you blow in the narrow end of the cornet!!;) Also always watch the conductor as he know's what he's doing, or at least that's what you told me!:biggrin:
  4. Burn_The_Test Piece

Burn_The_Test Piece New Member

I hate area contests. I know that it's necessary but there's something a bit strange about playing in a cavernous room where half the audience listen to the same piece 10 times and the other half are bandsmen wishing bad luck & mistakes on you.

Too many negative vibes for my taste, give me a park job or decent concert any day.
  5. bigrik

bigrik New Member

think u might struggle i think its been knocked down
  6. bigrik

bigrik New Member

come on the shepherds lot everyone will be half cut this time weeek and we'll have forgotton about it for one more year
  7. Drah drah

Drah drah New Member

Whattttt ooooo everyone..
    Just thought I would pop by and give all you chap's and chapess's some moral support!!

Those bounders in the scarlet jackets will be right there again and YET another visit to London beckons... second place could be rather tight but those devils EYMS should take second spot..a bit of 'Childs' Play' ..think Ive just cracked a joke..Must tell ginger that one...

Any way Tally hooo and good luck!!
  8. Ste69

Ste69 Member

What a spiffing old bean!!!!! ;) Absolutely top drawer what???
  9. Lucian Carstairs

Lucian Carstairs New Member

Only my 2nd Please be gentle with me...
    Well, here we are again coming up to the Northern Area Regional Contest, I know I was never much good at Geography but the Northern Area seems to stretch from our friends up in Northumberland to way down to our friends in Lincolnshire..!!! there no area contest nearer for such may I respectfully suggest ...perhaps the Yorkshire Area... (ps...not for our friends up North)...?
  10. millie6589

millie6589 Member

yeah good luck matey!! will b sending positive thoughts! was thinking about coming up to support but will probably just get depressed that im not doing it too :(
  11. Burn_The_Test Piece

The organisers will never let that happen because it makes too much sense.
  12. bigrik

bigrik New Member

The areas are a load of *******s just make me lose hours at work hense loosing money and i just cant be ***** with a rehersal everynight this week NO DEAL thanks tho lol

see u soon
  13. Grunsell

Grunsell New Member

can i ask honestly which band do you all think will win each section ?
    and more importantly (for me anyway) who do you rekon will win second section at darlington ??
  14. Lucian Carstairs

For the Second Section it's looks like Barton Band are clear Favourites...
  15. Burn_The_Test Piece

Wouldn't it be great if a band went on stage looking dead serious and then played Hootenanny? I'd give them the trophy right there and then.
  16. Lucian Carstairs

Hootenanny...!!!...I can just picture the audience now clapping and dancing down the front...!!!
  17. Burn_The_Test Piece

I bet that Messers Hope & Bramfitt would look fantastic doing the Chicken Reel. Mavis could do cartwheels over haybales as well to add a touch of class to the occasion.
  18. on_castors

on_castors Member

Played Hootenanny plenty of times when Alan Hope conducted Sunderland Borough Band many moons ago!.... can't remember any specific dance technique he had though ;-)
  19. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

I'd like to see Murton do well again this year and also good luck to my old band Backworth, hope another trip to Harrogate on the cards.
  20. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

Thanks Lynda