Official tMP North of England Regional 2008 thread

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Di, Feb 17, 2008.

1. [OCUK]Kitchster_uk

[OCUK]Kitchster_uk New Member

My hangover has just finished which is a pain as I've been at work all day!!!!

What a result for us (Murton) and a really well-deserved one I feel since Dennis Noble has brought the band on such a long way. Wveryone played well on the day. Special mention to Sarah Noble on sop - 2nd contest on the squealer and playing brilliantly and also thanks to Michelle for letting Stan play out til late last night.

Well done Barton as well, see you guys in Harrogate!!!

1st Bari
    Murton Colliery band
  2. richardhall

richardhall Member

Thanks Lynda, Colin and Rachel - our best ever result at the Regionals!

Congratulations to Barton on winning the section - and the other qualifiers -hope we all do well at the finals!
  3. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Ha I am loving the pic Notebook- total treat!

What a great weekend, banding in the North East really is alive and kicking!

So many highlights for me-
    1) South Milford's performance- the first time I'd heard the piece and the first performance I heard at the contest. Good luck at Harrogate!

2) The band after South Milford- Chester le Street, watching the kids from my school (and a few older bodies!!) taking to the stage and giving it their all made me so proud.

3) Catching up with people from home/ Mancs/ here all in the one place- too many people and not enough time.

4) Winning. Yey. It's always good!!

But the highlight of the weekend for me was when they announced Felling third. It honestly was a fantastic result for such a hardworking, friendly bunch of people. Pure class.
  4. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

How could we forget her
  5. oldtubaguy

oldtubaguy New Member

Thanks Laura - the young 'uns did well though didn't they? I think the 'less young' bodies showed more nerves than the youngsters did on the stand as well.

Congrats to RV - jolly good show.
  6. Sparky

Sparky Member

Congratulations to all the Bands qualifying for Harrogate and the RAH from the Northern Region. My special congratulations must go to the lads and lasses from Wansbeck's Ashington Colliery for qualifying in their first year in the first section. Well done folks!
  7. stickie

stickie New Member

Thanks sparky. We at WACB are delighted to have qualified for our third successive year. Its nice to enjoy the "highs" as there are always more lows in contesting. Congratulations to all the qualifiers and I am sure all the NorthEast bands will give it their best efforts in Sept/Oct.
    Lets hope we can get a local band in the prizes.
  8. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

I was pacing around like a nervous idiot trying not to be sick! Didn't think it would help if I vommed all over the band that followed us, not good form really!!!! :rolleyes: