Official tMP Midlands Regional 2007 Thread

Discussion in '2007 National Championships of Great Britain discu' started by Di, Feb 4, 2007.

1. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

well i know this time last week i was just sitting down in the register area to play with THE WINNING BAND in the 1st section

2. ScaryFlugel

ScaryFlugel Member

Ain't that the truth! No-one could accuse you of being a shrinking violet ;)

3. beccawheeze2

beccawheeze2 Member

4. honey bun

honey bun Active Member

Received the midlands league tables yesterday (all sections which is good- congrats to all who are being promoted) and the new venue for next year. Anybody know Bedworth Civic Hall and Nicholas Chamberlain Technology College in Warwickshire. I think the MRC and Lesley have been great by asking bands what they want in terms of venues and weekend dates.

5. CLAIRE SPONG

CLAIRE SPONG Member

That's going to be a hell of a trek for High Peak bands, we would be better off going to Blackpool!

6. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Well maybe (Google maps reckons 1hr 52 from Chapel) but as its just off the M69 [M1], M6, M42, A5 so at least its easy to get to.

Sadly the sheer size of our region means that someone is going to cop for a long journey, wherever you hold the contest, but Bedworth looks to be fairly central to me.

What I think is more important is what is the venue like for facilities, and what are the acoustics in the hall like?

7. CubbRep

CubbRep Member

Bedworth Civic Hall is really good.I have played a couple of concerts there.Many top bands have played there also and The Royal Marines.Parking is not too bad,but you have to pay.As for Nicholas Chamberlain School,you had better ask BeccaWheeze.She teaches there.
    CubbRep..Midlands Area 4th section Champion Band 2007

8. Euphy Tony

Euphy Tony New Member

Bedworth civic hall would be a great venue superb acoustics ive played there many times and the facilities are excellent too, also NICO is a good venue (I went there to school) and only five mins walk from the civic hall too!!

9. CubbRep

CubbRep Member

The last time I played at Nicho,was in a concert when I played for City of Coventry 'B' in about 1966.And that was in the main hall.Can't remember too much about it though.
    CubbRep..Midlands Area 4th Section Champion Band 2007.

10. postie

postie Member

Well at the end of the day it's not a lot further than going to Burton. So it will be interesting to see what this place is like.

11. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Pretty much ideal for us! I do feel bad for those bands that have to travel a long way, but as Ian said, someone's always going to have to... unless of course we split the region up again... but that's a whole other debate...

12. Bed'th would certainly get my vote.......

13. bobbley

bobbley New Member

Last time there was 13 bands in the top section with 2 bands tied on points, they sent 3 down to maintain 12 in the top section.

14. Hornted

Hornted Member

Midlands

That has happened in the past but not this year it would seem. 2 go down resulting in 13 in the section.

15. bobbley

bobbley New Member

You must be mistaken. Once a precident like this has been set, surely it would be unfair to all concerned to change it ?

16. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I think the ruling is based on the top (or bottom in this case) scores, which can mean three going down if two are tied on the same mark.

17. Bonesmalone

Bonesmalone Member

I dont think the situation is the same this time, The 3 bands at the bottom of the table are all on different points I believe. Its a Midlands directive that there should be 12 Bands in the Championship section. The last time 3 Bands were relegated 2 of the 3 bands were tied on points.

18. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

That's right - they tend to wait until there are two tied bands before relegating 3 together. There doesn't HAVE to be 12 bands in the Area - its a recommendation - some areas have LESS than 12, some have more....

19. honey bun

honey bun Active Member

I know that there is only 2 bands going down and 2 bands coming up so thats 13 still in the section. (Just looking back this has already been said - doh!!)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007