Official tMP Midlands Regional 2007 Thread

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Di, Feb 4, 2007.

1. tubaloopy

tubaloopy Member

Just a quick question, why have Glossop got 17 points for not competing in the championship section in 2005?
    If it is 1 point more than the last band it should be 13, or is it based on average points?

2. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

On 4barsrest results archive for 2005 1st Section there were 15 bands competing and 1 withdrawn so is that 16+1 for a DNC?

3. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

All this speculation is largely pointless though until the MRC publish the tabels?

Have 4 bars rest published their gospels, I mean retros yet? Any idea when they will be (if they are not already)?

4. flash harry

flash harry Member

Supermosh, having read your 'small print' I feel obliged to respond.

Speculation? Of course. Pointless? Maybe. Potentially being wrong? Priceless....

5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Shouldn't be long to wait now. With the Areas being over just the three weekends this year there's quite a lot to fit in - just have to patient ;)

6. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

Good point well made.

7. barrytone

barrytone Member

Such a shame there isn't a soloist and instrumentalist prize for the Midlands Champ section as there is in the Yorkshire Region. Didn't stop many soloists playing out of their skins, special mention to solo euph at Newstead, you were awesome, your solo was so emotional, made me cry. Gives us mere mortals something to aim for, excellent stuff, look forward to hearing your performance of Night to Sing and On Alderley Edge later in the year.

8. BarneyEuph

BarneyEuph Member

That would be Lyndon. Awesome player....and with a new Besson Prestige Euphonium in his hands for the weekend i believe!!!!:D

9. Wanny

Wanny New Member

Hope am doing this right ... not great with this replying with quotes malarkey yet ...

... but anyway, just wanted to reiterate Simons comment and say a big congratulations to Wem and Wellington, it must be Shropshire's year, wahoo!! :biggrin:

10. alangiff3

alangiff3 Member

Hi BbEwan,

When a band moves into a different section they get the midpoint of the placings for their new section, not the placing from their old section.

That may move some of the bands about a bit in your table.

o) Bands promoted or relegated will be given an average position for the years prior to promotion or relegation to that section.
    From the National Rules

11. barrytone

barrytone Member

Yes it is, got to compliment him on his performance afterwards, what a player, very unassuming person given his undoubted talent. I know one player doesn't make a band but he's a wonderful asset to Newstead Brass.

12. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

How long it does it take to write 'oops, our predicitions were way off / we disagree with the adjudicators etc'

Don't worry, I already have my coat on Peter! ;) :oops:

13. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

This makes me smile. People are always dead keen to see the 4br predictions and retrospectives, yet when they do, all people seem to do is moan about them and say how 4br appear to have something against their band etc etc

P.S Not saying you are guilty of this this Supermosh.......just a general observation of what always seems to happen around contest time!

14. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Tubaloopy

Actually I believe Glossop were in the 1st section for 2005 (demoted after 2004 table)...they didn't actually enter (or maybe withdrew?)...as there were 16 bands played in 1st in 2005 they got last+1 points.

But I'm in no way an official view on this ..so don't take it as gospel!

regards

15. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

Fully agree Sir.

Funny how these internet sites have become a staple of banding life really.

16. GJacko

GJacko Member

Great player Lyndon, but clearly the player of the day was the Principal Cornet player with Ratby. Fantastic playing. :tup

17. Shed_Builder1

Shed_Builder1 New Member

i totally agree best soloist of the day! well played newstead! unlucky not to be higher up but as soon as the adjudicators said about dynamics i think they may have done you for being too loud! well played desford (great band sound), i had u down as winners! but then, i didnt hear staffordshire so cant really comment.

Well done to all bands!
    just a quick question - how many go down from championship section? 2 or 3?

18. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

You can't call someone the best soloist of the day if you didn't hear all of the soloists...just a little point sorry...nothing against any of the soloists on the day, as I only heard Sovereign and Newstead Welfare as well as playing for my own band - Staffordshire.

I wouldn't presume to comment on whether any band was better than another on the day, unless I had heard ALL the bands and could compare performances, which, funnily enough, the adjudicator DOES...lol!

19. barrytone

barrytone Member

I sat through every performance in the championship section from GUS drawn one to Newstead drawn twelve and as a fellow musician, was totally objective of every single performance. I realise that I aren't an adjudicator, would never wish to be and I accept that as bandsmen and bandswomen, we submit ourselves to their judgement of our performance and the placing we're awarded.

Congratulations to Staffordshire and Desford, I enjoyed both your performances very much but I enjoyed Newstead's more, that's my opinion and I still think that their solo euph was the soloist of the day, again that's my opinion. I take nothing away from the prize winners, there's no critiscism either intended or implied of their performances, they were both excellent. I hope that you both go on to represent the Midlands to the best of your ablilities at the National Finals. Good luck and may you receive the result that you deserve.

20. Debsop

Debsop New Member

Very little said and I thought all of our soloists did really well. In fact our adjudicators themselves did not agree on much (one said good ending the other said bad ending etc etc..) However we still go up to 2nd section despite their mixed views!