Official tMP L & SC Regional 2008 thread

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Di, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Adamskied

Adamskied Member

Yes...dont put him off, we dont want it down the octave

Only joking Rich, you can punch me at practice tonight...:eek:
  2. Keith

Keith Member

Its David Horsfield thats doing the adjudicating for the 1st and champ section.

If my facts are right then he was playing principle for Brighouse when Eric Ball was conducting them.
  3. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Band secs should all have had notification of the change of adjudicator by post last week - so if yours hasn't told you yet, kick 'em!

I've been trawling through our old records to see if Mr H has ever adjudicted us before but don't think he has - does anyone have insight into his 'style'? Any major likes or dislikes?
  4. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Member

He loves overblowing, no vib and bad intonation... ;)
  5. lauren

lauren Member

Rich got me to look that up....only one I can find is that he adjudicated Crawley no results yet though...maybe you can check if you entered and how you did.
  6. lauren

lauren Member

Don't think he's ever going to live that one down!
  7. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

LOL, and don't forget the entries in the wrong place, splits, mutes being dropped and bad ensemble playing.
  8. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

and his pet peeve is sticking to the marked tempos!
  9. Bungle

Bungle Member

Well it's been nine years since I last played at Stevenange and the memory has diminished sufficiently for me to have my arm twisted to help out Uckfield on Bb this year. There will also be three other cornets helping out from Cranbrook who are experiencing Stevenage for the first time. I'm trying to thing of something good about it to tell them about.
  10. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Access to the A1 to leave Stevenage by is quite easy from the Leisure Centre.
  11. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

A Tesco store is next door - convenient for head ache pills, lip salve, bottles of water, vaseline and Mr Muscle.
  12. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

Rail station is right alonside for an extra quick getaway if you don't drive. Parking is reasonable, especially if you play on the Sunday.
  13. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

I'm particularly looking forward to the nasty fizzy keg "bitter" in the bar and the TV with dodgy reception so that I can't see the rugby properly !! . Once again t'committee have staged the First section on the afternoon of the last round of six nations !!
  14. MoominDave

MoominDave Active Member

And beyond Tesco is a cricket field - you can sit on the grass, eating your Tesco lunch, pretending you're not in Stevenage on a Sunday at a brass band contest.
  15. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

yeh typical!. They need to get a big screen Tv in there. Wetherspoons might show it.
  16. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

You know very well we will be drawn at the optimum time to ensure you miss all the Rugby lol! It was the Rugby organisers that put it on the same day as our section, not the other way around!

Perchance we do get a chance to see the game, you might be better off at the Wetherspooons pub just in the square nearby!
  17. Veri

Veri Member

As of last year, you can even get a reasonable cup of coffee, in the newly opened Costa's.

Avoid the cafe in the venue, very expensive.
  18. Does anyone know whether we will have to pay extra to go and hear our own or other sections ??

I think it cost me about £10 last time!!! Hmmmm
  19. lauren

lauren Member

This is what Dave Hobbs and his team have decided this year for ticket prices after many complaints over the last couple of years:

In response to feedback we have received in previous years, we have changed the ticket price structure for 2008 in order to make it easier for supporters and players to listen to performances.
    • Since most families present on the day will have one adult playing with a band and, therefore, holding a bandsmans ticket, we have change the family ticket to cover one adult and children. We have also reduced its price to only £12. We feel this represents excellent value for money and we hope it will enable more families to hear their bands performances.
    • We have halved the cost of a transfer to only £2.
    The ticket prices for the 2008 contest are as follows:

Adult £9.50
    Over 60s £7.00
    Under 16s £7.00
    Family (*1) £12.00
    Weekend (*2) £12.00
    Exchange (*3) £2.00

1. A family ticket admits a single adult and children to any section on one day (either Saturday or Sunday). N.B. This has changed from last year
    2. A weekend ticket is valid for entry to all sections on both the Saturday and Sunday
    3. A bandsman's ticket, which entitles the holder to listen to his own section only may be exchanged for a full entrance ticket for any section on the day
  20. lauren

lauren Member

I think it is a good idea that they are allowing us into our own section again to support other bands. They wondered why in previous years the sections are so badly supported when we have to pay to listen to others in our own section.
    I will be going to listen to the 1st section on the Saturday (will be competing in the 2nd section on Sunday) and will be listening to the championship section in the Sunday afternoon so the weekend ticket overall is very good value for money I think.
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2008