Official National Finals Thread - Second Section

Discussion in '2006 National Championships of Great Britain discu' started by Di, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Alan Fernie

Alan Fernie Member

Of course they can think about it Philip; but if they do it, there will be questions asked, points taken away, Nationals to be lost, all that jazz.

2. Alan Fernie

Alan Fernie Member

I'm sure everyone has spotted these, but a few other wee blips have been found;

3rd movement; Bar 42 - 2nd cnt. 5th note C not A
    Bar 76 - BBflat bass 4th note D flat

Big thanks to the composer of the 4th section test-piece for those!

3. The_Eighth_Dwarf

The_Eighth_Dwarf New Member

As much as I agree with that, wasn't that the general consensus about last years 3rd Section Nationals and tjey came 6th was it?

still for what it's worth I think

Newbridge
    Grange Moor
    St Dennis

4. no2taz

no2taz Member

Yes Dwarf you are correct in that we were one of the fav for last year in the 3rd section however the band realise that it was not our best performance and agree with the 5th place we were awarded not 6th. This year wee look to build on our recent successes with 14 wins out of 17 contests witch includes one win in the championship section at western.

Above all else the nationals in my opinion has become somewhat of a lottery due to the number of bands competing and having been given a test piece that each one will be able to play comfortably, however Newbridge band recognise that its the pieces that all band will be able to play that require the most amount of work to make them truly effective and are well under way with our preparation.

Thanks to all tmp'ers that have given us words of support and encouragement.

Good luck to all bands.

5. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

Good luck to all bands especially Barrhead :clap:

6. JohnnyEuph

JohnnyEuph Member

7. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

Mmm.... so Newbridge to win then?? Can't help thinking from that comment that if you win it's down to preparation and if you don't it's a lottery!!! ;)

Good luck though - this is only only friendly banter!!!

I personally think we have a good chance having improved as a band since coming 2nd from the 1st spot in Dundee 03, however if you are a championship standard band as people seem to be saying you probably deserve to win.... hope you don't though!:tup

8. matthetimp

matthetimp Member

It's is as you say friendly competition and I hope that we are up there come results time

9. no2taz

no2taz Member

Hey there its all friendly banter I think my comments made earlier may have come over a bit strong but that is certainly not the case. In the end whatever the result what ever the performance we will all be having a pint after and talking about trying for qualification next year.

The open rehearsal we had last night was great and the piece was received well so we have had a run out. Like you we approach this year with a better and wiser band and are looking to improve on our last years result.

Who knows on the day what will happen as nobody really knows the competition well enough so I wish you all the best on stage (fingers crossed behind my back).

Have a great weekend and if you’re around come say hi in the bar.

10. matthetimp

matthetimp Member

Smithy Boy how it going?

11. no2taz

no2taz Member

great just been playing the test piece hear arecording of the band today from rehearsal sounds tight and so balanced. bring on the weekend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. matthetimp

matthetimp Member

Sounds promising :woo

UP THE CELENYN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. no2taz

no2taz Member

are you goin on the buss to harrogate if so what time is your ETA
    i will be goin in the car bit of luxury just wondering what time to set off

14. matthetimp

matthetimp Member

MMM Think I am going by bus, Unless you are going on your own and want company. If you floor it you can get there in 3hrs 15 without a break. 4hrs 45 comftable with a break I think Do you want me to have a look on Auto-route?

15. no2taz

no2taz Member

well if you want a lift thats fine by me pick up on the way i have looked and i recon i can do it in 3 hours

16. matthetimp

matthetimp Member

Yeah be great if you don't mind I hate the bus. Auto-route says 4hour 8 minutes from Newbridge - Harrogate anyhow. What time was you thinking of going?

17. no2taz

no2taz Member

probleave about 11.30 ish where you want picking up from

18. matthetimp

matthetimp Member

Getting bit off topic will PM you i think

19. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

Matt, enjoyed the open rehearsal.......but shouldn't you actually learn to spell the name of the band you actually play for??! That would be Newbridge (Celynen)!! ;)

20. no2taz

no2taz Member

Yes mat sort it out son we will excuse your diclextic typing this time as you have only been with the band a few weeks but next time your Instrument will be taken in for repair. LOL see you in band tonight