Oddfellows Brass Vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by jimbo1309, Jun 25, 2006.

1. jimbo1309

jimbo1309 Member

Unity Brass - Vacancies

Edit: Check latest posts for current vacancies

UNITY BRASS
    {Midlands 2nd Section} currently have vacancies for a Soprano cornet , Repiano Cornet and TWO front row players {including Principal } and also a Euphonium player. We are a friendly contesting band with a sensible schedule and we are situated 5 mins off Junction 22 of the M1 in Leicestershire. Any players interested in these positions can use the
    CONTACT US page on our website at www.unitybrass.co.uk or phone JIM on 07956123194 , ROB on 07808823227 or MARTIN on 07967344383

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2007
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    COLOR
    black
    Unity Brass - Vacancies
    current vacancies
  3. jimbo1309

jimbo1309 Member

Come on you lot!!!! Ther has to be a Euph Player out there somewhere!!! Does,nt there?

4. jimbo1309

jimbo1309 Member

Soprano and 4th Man needed for 2nd Section Leicestershire based band

Unity Brass are pleased to announce that after a very unstable few years we are now almost back up to a full compliment. We are looking for a quality Soprano player and 4th Man down to complete our line up for forthcoming contests including Leicester, Leamington, Pontins and Butlins. Anybody out there interestred in playing for a progressive, friendly and ambitious band please either visit our website at www.unitybrass.co.uk and use the CONTACT US page or call Jim on 01530 838284 or 07956123194. We rehearse Monday and Wednesday nights 8pm-10pm and are 2 minutes away from J22 of the M1.

5. MaxPressure

MaxPressure Member

The OddFellows Band ( Unity Brass ) Has vacancies for

Soprano, Flugel and solo cornet.

We are a very friendly band based just off M1 J22.

If you are interested in any of the above positions, please PM me for further details.

Any other players are always welcome.

....Forgot to say, we are currently in the second section.

:biggrin: Another point I should have mentioned is we practice Mondays and Wednesday between 8 and 10, and then most go down to the pub from 10.10 till the landlord kicks them out. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2007
  6. MaxPressure

MaxPressure Member

The Oddfellows band (Unity Brass) 2nd section,are still looking to fill the following position.

Soprano cornet, Flugal and a solo cornet.

And any other players who want to keep blowing

7. midnight_euph

midnight_euph Member

Good luck getting players. I enjoyed my time with that crazy lot!

Do you still do the Barbados trip?

Fran
    'The Gods created the euphonium - shame they made me play it! ;-)'

8. MaxPressure

MaxPressure Member

still looking to fill the above positions....... also a BBb bass wouldn't go amiss :)

9. midnight_euph

midnight_euph Member

I passed on the details while at a ratby concert on Sunday.... someone was asking if you had vacancies.. fingers crossed for you.
    Fran

10. MaxPressure

MaxPressure Member

>>>>>>>>>>>>>UPDATE<<<<<<<<<<<<<

We are still looking to fill the following positions.....

Soprano Cornet, Flugal horn and Tutti cornet.

updated 25/08/07.

11. jimbo1309

jimbo1309 Member

Solo Horn Vacancy

Unity Brass are currently looking for a quality Solo Horn player. Currently at the top of the second section we rehearse Mon and Weds at 8pm just off Junction 22 0f the M1 at Markfield Leicestershire. We are also looking to recruit a Soprano Cornet and a good front row cornet player. Anyone out there interested? Call Rob Boulter on 07808823227 or visit our website www.unitybrass.co.uk

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    COLOR
    black
    Unity Brass - Vacancies
    current vacancies
  13. MaxPressure

MaxPressure Member

Also due to our kit player being out of action until at least the new year due to back problems, we need to enlist the services of a kit percussionist.
    So the current needed list is as follows.
    Soprano cornet, Flugal horn, Solo horn, BBb bass, 2nd euph Tutti cornet and Kit percussionist.

14. mell c

mell c Member

Unfortunately i am not good enough or have enough time to join a top second section band. I would however love at some time to come and sit in for the experience (if thats a possibility and not to cheeky). I play flugel for Burbage and help croft out at contests.
    PM me if this is ok, although would have to be after pontins.
    Thanks Mellissa x

15. jimbo1309

jimbo1309 Member

Oddfellows Brass - a friendly progressive band in the Leicester area are looking to recruit the following positions
    Principal Cornet
    BbBass
    Eb Bass
    Percussionists
    Currently at the top of the second section in the Midlands Area. We rehearse Sundays & Wednesdays and have a full calendar of concerts and contests for the remainder of the year.

Apply in strictest confidence to Kay Carter - 078999 10814 or Rob Boulter - 07808 823227

16. KayC44

KayC44 New Member

Currently looking for a principal or soprano cornet to join us. We are based just off J22 of the M1 Leicester in our own bandroom and have an exciting calendar of concerts and contests coming up. We also have vacant seats for a Bb bass and 2nd trombone.
    Currently at the top of the second section we are fully sponsored by the Oddfellows and our band members are a friendly bunch.
    Why not come down for a blow and see what we have to offer.
    Contact Kay Carter - Band Manager on 01530 560878 or email me via our website www.oddfellowsbrass.co.uk or www.travelmenorca.co.uk

Edit: Threads mergd as per tMP recruitment guidelines

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2008
  17. jimbo1309

jimbo1309 Member

Oddfellows Brass currently have vacancies for a 2nd Eb Bass, 2nd Bb Bass a Principal Baritone and a Flugel. We are currently in the 2nd Section but have gained promotion to the 1st Section from January 2010. We are a friendly band with a sensible schedule and we have our own bandroom in Markfield, Leicestershire 2 minutes from Junction 22 of the M1. Anyone interested in filling any of these positions please contact our Band Manager Kay Carter via our website at www.oddfellowsbrass.co.uk or call her direct on 01530 560878. Alternatively call me on 07507 592073

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2009
  18. Val.M

Val.M Member

Principal Cornet Wanted

Oddfellows Brass are currently looking for a Principal Cornet player to join our friendly band. We are situated just off junction 22 of the M1 at Markfield in Leicestershire. We are currently in the 2nd section and as from next year will be in the 1st section. We have a sensible schedule for the rest of the year, including Leamington and Leicester contests. We have a substantial sponsorship from one of the country's premier friendly societies.

Anyone interested in filling this vacancy could you please contact our band manager Kay Carter 07595225328 or band master Jim McEntee 07507592073
    Alternatively go to our website at www.oddfellowsbrass.co.uk and use the contact page

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2009
  19. Val.M

Val.M Member

Sorry Mr Moderator!! i've worked out how to put it in our band thread now! :D:tup

20. Val.M

Val.M Member

Oddfellows Brass are looking for a Bb Bass player to complete our lineup for the Area. We are situated just off junction 22 of the M1 at Markfield in Leicestershire.
    we have just been promoted to the 1st section and have recruited a number of players over the past few month and are all looking forward to the challenge of the 1st section. We have a sensible schedule for the rest of the year and we have a substantial sponsorship from one of the country's premier friendly societies.

Anyone interested in filling this vacancy could you please contact our band manager Kay Carter 07595225328 or band master Jim McEntee 07507592073
    Alternatively go to our website at www.oddfellowsbrass.co.uk and use the contact page