1. pipeman

pipeman New Member

Hi, if none registered viewers can post here, why have I been asked to 'Log In' when I was already logged in:confused: to enter a thread even here!! I did read in one of the Thread Areas someone mention that this site is not easy to follow. How true! I want to trace a piece of music or see if it is available, where do I ask?? is there a general forum section? or is that a specific thing!

2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Rehearsal Room is the best place for general music-related issues.

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Thanks for that Peter

4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

This forum uses the very same software as thousands of forums out there. Nothing is different. Nothing is unique about the way to post on here. If you can post on facebook or another forum, you can post on here.

What on earth is so difficult about clicking on a forum name, then clicking 'Post New Thread', or selecting the post you want to reply to and clicking 'Post New Reply'... baffles me!

Please explain what is troubling you here.

5. BigJamie

BigJamie New Member

Registered a few days ago. Still not verified. Just wondering how long it usually is before a moderator gives us newbies the all clear......or do you require a recording as proof we really are bandsmen? :D Sorry to necro an old thread but couldn't immediately see any other way to make contact. Cheers.

6. 2nd tenor

2nd tenor Well-Known Member

Welcome to tmp, it's a good place to listen, learn, exchange information and offer comments. I hope that you have years of happy membership

If you want to contact Peter directly then its not too difficult to use the private message option: if (even) I can manage to send PM's then it can't be that difficult.

The site has had some issues in the past with behaviour. I guess that one way to discourage the 'non-bandsman' and 'the like' would be to delay some access rights, that might be a bit frustrating to the genuine but 'that's life' as they say and you have been able to post a comment so you're on your way to getting whatever rights you feel that you are missing.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  7. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Not sure what the usual length of time is. Worth noting that ownership of the forum has changed since the earlier part of this thread.

I'd be more inclined to suspect that the owner just hasn't happened to get around to it yet than there's a deliberate policy of delaying applications.

8. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I wouldn't claim to understand the technicalities, but as you have been able to post I can't see that there is a problem.

Hope you enjoy sharing with us.