ODBBA on Parade!!

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by DaveR, Dec 14, 2006.

1. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

On November 25th, the Massed Band of the Oxfordshire and District Brass Band Association took part in the Oxford Festive Parade. Taking part were 39 members from 11 local bands (including a substantial number of players from the recently-formed Oxford University Band). ​

After marching through the City as an integral part of the parade, the band got the crowd cheering and clapping-along whilst performing a couple of bonus pieces in the Castle Square.

This is the second high-profile parade the Band has taken part in this year, and the City have already booked the band for the same event next year. ODBBA is proud to be at the forefront of promoting brass bands within the City of Oxford and throughout the Oxfordshire area, and the Association would like to thank everybody who was involved in making our contribution to this prestigious event so successful.

Please visit the new ODBBA website for details of forthcoming events within the Oxfordshire area.
  2. Veri

Veri Member

As someone who took part, I'd like to say that I really enjoyed myself, and I think it went really well - :clap:
  3. stephen_clapton

stephen_clapton New Member

Better dust the sop off again then........... The last 2 parades have been really good fun, and im sure future events will be the same. :clap:
  4. Veri

Veri Member

I didn't read Dave's post properly - how exciting that we get to play again next year (although, please, not Amarillo!). Can't wait for the May day parade - shall turn down the possibility of overtime to play...