ODBBA Entertainment Contest

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by DaveR, Aug 6, 2016.

1. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

The rules and entry form for the Oxfordshire and District Brass Band Association Entertainment Contest, to be held on Sunday October 16th 2016, are available for download from the Oxfordshire and District Brass Band Association website. All bands are welcome, not just our member bands.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    ODBBA Entertainment Contest
    District Brass Band Association Entertainment Contest
    District Brass Band Association
    Oxfordshire
    Brass Band Association Entertainment Contest
  3. Euphonium Lite

Euphonium Lite Active Member

I had my first experience of this contest yesterday and just wanted to say how generally well-run it was. One of the most relaxed contests I've taken part in either as an MD or (as yesterday) as a player.

Some very interesting sets and not a lot of duplication of music - which is credit to the bands - and good facilities for warming up etc. If I had one criticism it would be the trophy presentation could have been a bit slicker - there seemed to be a shortage of help for getting the trophies and signing them out to the winners - but that was only a minor thing and I really enjoyed the day. Thankyou

Moomin - I also liked the Minion Onesie........

DaveR and MoominDave like this.
  4. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

You're welcome to it if you want it... Was a bit warm inside.

The most worrying aspect of that was that when PJs were suggested, our 1st trombone was immediately there with the suggestion that he had a matching set sufficient to kit the section out with...

DaveR likes this.
  5. Slider1

Slider1 Active Member

Minion Onesie! more info please.....

6. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Night music set - band in night attire...

7. Euphonium Lite

Euphonium Lite Active Member

Ah - have to say I'm not really a Onesie sort of person. And having a larger frame (my band jacket has to be Bb Bass player sized) they don't usually fit too well. But thanks for the offer :)

At least he wasn't able to kit out the whole band. That might have been a bit excessive......