ODBBA Entertainment Contest 2007 - Results

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by DaveR, Oct 7, 2007.

1. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Section A

1. Avonbank (Evesham). Jack West Memorial Trophy & £50 cheque.
    2. Hook Norton Band. Wilf Hedges Cup
    3. Yarnton Band. Oxford Mail and Times Challenge Cup
    4. Abbey Brass Training. Besson Challenge Cup

Presentation / Deportment:
    Avonbank (Evesham). Norton Challenge Cup
    Best Instrumentalist: Stephen Lane - Cornet (Avonbank - Evesham). Vale of White Horse Trophy

Open Section

1. Brackley & District Band. Major Edmundsen Cup & £50 cheque.
    2. Avonbank (Evesham).

Presentation / Deportment:
    Brackley & District Band. Foreman Cup
    Best Instrumentalist: Eric Young, playing Solo Euphonium with Avonbank (Evesham). Haken & Bell Trophy

Special Prizes

Best Percussion: Brackley & District Band (Sarah Winslade & Josh Young). Des Webb Trophy
    Best Tenor Horn: Brackley & District Band (Louise Davies). Sid Alder Cup
    Best Soprano Brackley & District Band (Dave Redhead). W. Ching Cup.

Adjudicators: Alan Mossman & Phillip Burditt
    Prizes sponsored by Aldbrickham Music

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2007
  2. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Thanks to all the bands who took part today, and we hope you all enjoyed yourselves! As always, the committee would be very pleased to receive feedback (good or bad!) from people attending, either as players or supporters. We believe that we have ironed out many of the teething problems that we experienced in our first contest last year, but I would be very interested to hear what everybody else thought! ;) We hope to keep improving and building this contest in years to come.

Oh, and the adjudicator who gave Dave Redhead a trophy has been sacked! :tongue:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  3. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

That was my uncle, he said if i got a trophy would I stop playing , said would think about it!!!:clap: :clap: ,Just a point of note, the best instrumentalist was the euph for Avonbank but borrowed from brackley and played for both bands His name is Eric Young

4. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

ODBBA entertainment contest2007

Just a quick one, Forgot!! thanks for your sponsorship at the contest, thought it went pretty well considering the downfalls before the contest, looking forward to next year, looks like i will have to bribe my uncle again;) ;)

5. Veri

Veri Member

I'm sorry that I missed it - sounds like a good day! I was (shhhh) singing rather than brass banding....

6. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Thanks for letting me know Dave - I missed his name somehow when I was compiling my list of results. I'll update it on the website, and maybe a kindly passing mod could do the honours on my post above!

You're welcome. I've agreed to do the same next year in the hope that it will help to attract bands in. You never know, one day we may even have enough entries to avoid making a financial loss on the day!

Philistine!! :tongue: ;)

7. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

where is the website ?

also, any news on the adjudicators remarks?

8. BandTaxi

BandTaxi Active Member

http://www.odbba.org/index.htm

How did we ever live without google???? No idea whether or not it's been updated but there's a link to the site.

9. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Thanks!!! And yes, it is fully updated.

Erm, what news are you waiting for? :confused: Pm me if you like.

10. MaxPressure

MaxPressure Member

:clap: Well done Brackley :clap:

Should see you soon, probably playing with you at Leamington so I should maybe try to get over ;)

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    I
    Section A
    Evesham
    Avonbank
    Jack West Memorial Trophy
  12. marc71178

marc71178 Member

Unless I'm mistaken, neither Brackley or Avonbank got their remarks from the Open section.

13. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

exactly what I was asking about. :frown:

I could always write some myself "awesome bass trombone, etc, ect..." :D

14. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Thanks - BandTaxi alerted me to that last night. I'm currently trying to track them down for you; I have no idea why you didn't get them. I know the other section was fine, because I handed out those remarks to the bands myself! :tongue:

15. marc71178

marc71178 Member

Indeed you did, and while we were reading those someone tried to give us Brackley's remarks, which we obviously didn't want - not sure where they went after that!

16. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Was that one of the officials? What did he / she look like?

Next year, I'm going to make sure the remarks are kept with the adjudicators music and handed back together - that should prevent a repeat of this. In the meantime, I can only apologise. :(