oBsEsSiVe cOmPuLsIvE dIsOrDeR ???

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by little_miss_marcroft, May 30, 2004.

1. ummmm :? ok., this might make a few of you giggle... I have serious Obsessive Compulsive Disorder :shock: . Just a few example of things which will one day make me so insane with rage, they will kill me.....

1. I HATE HATE HATE it when people have one sleeve rolled up (above the elbow only :shock: ) and one sleeve rolled down. :twisted: I HATE IT!!! :x One arm is hot, one arm is cold... and it's like I can feel the heat difference, just by LOOKING at it!! If anyone I know has one sleeve up and one down, I just HAVE to go and make them roll the other one up an then roll them both down together :shock:

2. If someone comes over to say hello, and they touch/tap/slap/punch/WHATEVER me on my arm, I have to touch/tap/slap/punch WHATEVER the other arm right back.... because it's not even :shock: *wonders whether it is safe to confess that one* :?

3. when I'm in a car, I can not look at the bottom of the windscreen!! :shock: Because, you know that little patch of semi-circle dust that has been left to get grubby because the windscreen wipers MISS IT OUT ?? :twisted: :x WELL THAT DRIVES ME MAD!!! :x :twisted: I always feel the need to clean it!! :shock: (could cause me several issues when it comes to taking my driving test :? )

hmmmm, anyway.... I promise I am not a freak!! Just... a few little confessions! Anyone else have any strange OCD habbits... routines?! Come on now.... don't make me feel like an oddball.... be honest! :p

2. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

3. Trom41821

Trom41821 Member

Our MD has to have all knives, forks and spoons in the kitchen draw all laid out evenly and neatly, one on top of the other.

Stacking her dishwasher is a complete no no and therfore nobody helps her!!

Corners of music must never be bent over even for page turning.

All wing nuts on music stands must be in line with each other.

All washing must be pegged out in size order (socks down to jeans) with matching pegs. I.E a pair of jeans must have matching pegs.

Clothes in the wardrobe must be colour co-ordinated and hung together.

Her eldest daughter has "inherited" (not sure if OCD is inherited) the need to write lists and cannot start her day unless she has consulted THE list!!

This list :shock: goes on and on and on..............
    Take the test and see what you find...........
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/mind/surveys/ocd/index.shtml

4. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

Interesting, there's a lot of us about. Before I share just 'one' of mine though, I have to say that with the greatest respect, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is a rather harsh expression, and refers to a rather serious mental disorder.

Anyway, I do get a little uncomfortable when people have pictures not straight, I mean, how is it possible to have a picture not straight on the wall and not notice, even more strange, if they do notice, not bothering to straighten it.

Another problem I have, is that little-miss-marcrofts avatar always has at least two ladies in it, so which one is her?

5. :lol: the one in the middle

6. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

Thankyou. That is another one of lifes mysteries solved! :oops: sorry, I meant :lol:

7. bruceg

bruceg Active Member

If I get an itch, say on my arm, and scratch it then I feel the need to itch in exactly the same spot on the other arm. My sister's the same as far as this goes so your evenness thing doesn't appear to be all that unusual :)

8. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

Results

You scored 2 out of 20 in Part A.
    (0 indicates no OCD tendencies, while 20 indicates maximum OCD tendencies.)

You scored 0 out of 20 in Part B.

Based on your score on the screening device, it would appear that you probably do not have OCD

hahah :D

9. You scored 9 out of 20 in Part A.

You scored 6 out of 20 in Part B.

Based on the above results, it appears you may have OCD or a related disorder. However, only a qualified mental health provider can make a more accurate diagnosis. If you are experiencing psychological distress it may be advisable to see a clinician for further evaluation.

OH MY GOD :shock: :shock: :shock:

Jesus wept.... I am a freak!

*no longer laughing* :shock:

10. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I got 10 out of 20 in Part A
    and 12 out of 20 in Part B...

Oh well...

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
    punch
    day
    shock
    arm right
  12. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

You scored 2 out of 20 in Part A.

You scored 1 out of 20 in Part B.

13. 5 out of 20 for part A and 9 out of 20 for part B. Obviously can't be right!

14. Rambo Chick

Rambo Chick Member

I have OCCBD- Obsessive Compulsive Chocolate Buying Disorder

i can have a tonne of choc in my room, and i'll see an offer in a shop and HAVE to buy it. i end up hoarding it all. :roll:

15. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

hmmm, I can't seem to go into a cd shop without buying a cd :?

16. louise0502

louise0502 Member

You scored 6 out of 20 in Part A.

You scored 5 out of 20 in Part B.

Kind of knew this, but if i scored higher in section B i would be worried, because that is the part about how it affects your life, which it pretty much doesn't.

17. HBB

HBB Active Member

0 in A, and 0 in B ..... Meh!

18. ben.gernon

ben.gernon Member

You scored 13 out of 20 in Part A.

You scored 7 out of 20 in Part B.

:oops:

19. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

I'm just not going to post my score in here... :?

20. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

3 out of 20 in part A
    2 out of 20 in part B

Phew! Not a freak in that particular way then. :? :D

I work with a bloke who is an obsessive list maker. No problem with that in itself I suppose, but it does get a bit hard to deal with when you have a list of the lists he's made..... :shock: :?

21. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

i got 0 in both parts, although some people would disagree with the lack of freakiness in me...

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
    punch
    day
    shock
    arm right