Obituary - Richard Mitton, Sale Brass Band

Discussion in 'Obituaries - Unregistered visitors can post here' started by essexgirl, Apr 16, 2011.

1. essexgirl

essexgirl Member

It is with deep regret that Sale announce the death of Richard Mitton, their longest serving member of the band.
    Richard played for Sale for over 60 years, working his way up to Principle Cornet and latterly on Percussion.
    He followed in the footsteps of his father Richard H Mitton who played for the band for 50 years.
    Richard worked tirelessly for the band, serving as Treasurer for 40 years and always made new players welcome to the band.
    To say he will be missed is an understatement, he is irreplaceable and the sad end of an era.
    The band send their deepest condolences to Marlene.
  2. mictop

mictop New Member

Sorry to here that Richard was a great guy when Anne and myself played at Sale Richard and Marlene made us feel very welcome, sad day our condolences to Marlene

Michael and Anne Topping
  3. essexgirl

essexgirl Member

Richard's funeral will be on Thursday 28th April 2.30pm at Altrincham Crematorium.

Anyone who would like to attend and play, please could you let me know.

Thank you

07970 718499
  4. bigcol

bigcol Member

I'm really sorry to hear this - Dick was not only a legend but also very friendly to the younger players like myself during my time at Sale.

Very sad.