Obituary Ernie King

Discussion in 'Obituaries - Unregistered visitors can post here' started by ErnieKing, Mar 15, 2010.

1. ErnieKing

ErnieKing New Member

Just to let anyone out there know that my Dad Ernie King passed away yesterday after a long illness. I am sure anyone that knew him in the Banding world would like to know of his passing as he was well known to a lot of you for his musical arrangements and his knowledge and past army playing and teaching of young musicians

Kind Regards

Pat King
  2. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

So sorry to hear this news Pat. I've known Ernie for many, many years and he was a real gent. He'll be sadly missed.
  3. ErnieKing

ErnieKing New Member

Thanks Roger,

nice to know there are people out there who remember him

4. blinddogjohn

blinddogjohn New Member

This is sad news. Ernie will be missed by many that knew him at Jackfield.
  5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Dads funeral will be on Saturday 27th March at Telford Crem if anyone wishes to attend they will be most welcome

Roger I am having your arrangement of Evening Hymn and Last post played at the end of the service I know Dad liked that and I have a recording of it by his old regiment the Prince of Wales Divsion so thought it would be most apt

Kind Regards

Pat King
  6. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

John Slater

So sorry to hear about Ernie. I met him many times with the late Murray Slater. He did some super arrangements for Matlock Band in years gone by. Condolences to his family.
  7. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

So sorry to hear about Ernie. I played with him in a few bands in Telford and I think Wem. He was a really good friend. He gave me lots of confidence as a young player. I especially liked is sense of humour. In fact I named my Cornet after him 15 years ago.

I will be thinking of him this weekend as I take the stage in the London and Southern Areas Championship Section.

Alison Mudway Solo Cornet MK Brass ( Milton Keynes)