NYO

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by big_benthomson, Nov 6, 2003.

1. i know iv boc'd every1 about auditioning for NYBB, but did anybody try for NYO (or has done ever) ?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    anybody
    NYBB
    NYO
    every1
    iv boc
  3. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

oo, you have to be proper good to get in the trombone section for NYO. I've met 3 previous principals and all of them have been shockingly good players!

4. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

To be honest i'd never heard of it, until I heard about it in one of the tMP threads. Any details about it anywhere? (don't think they'd need a euph anyway! :? )

5. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

I went to school with a lad who's currently in NYO i think... He was in NYBB on Baritone for a while but has "got bored of bands" and does orchestral stuff now.. he's a trombone player. He goes on about NYSO, are these one and the same??

6. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Cheers!

7. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

I know this is totally off topic, and I'm going to look really dumb, but its been bugging me for ages.....
    :? what does boc mean?!!!

8. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

I'll leave the mods to explain....... don't want to get in trouble!!

9. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

I wanted to ask that too! :oops:

10. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

In its bowdlerised form, "boc" could be said to mean "boring old codger", although some would probably replace the last word with one of their own choosing :oops:

11. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    anybody
    NYBB
    NYO
    every1
    iv boc
  12. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Whatever could that be!? Lol! :lol:

13. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

i have been to an NYO open day/workshop thing, it was good, although there were 2 euphs 4 Eb basses and a Bb Bass so we couldn't really do much as a group.

14. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

*ahem* you mean tubas :p

15. Accidental

Aaaaah, I get it now. Thanks Peter!
    If the "codger" alternative is what I think it is, shame on you guys.....theres nfw I'd ever use a word like that!!!!! :wink:

16. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

haha..
    sorry but i've got nfi with this thread anymore.. absolute chronic cba.. lfo to the pub... bbo now its gettin late. beer o'clock

17. Accidental

hehehe
    you realise posts like these must be a real pita for people who don't know what we're on about! (scnr....)
    what was this thread about again?

18. woohoo!! iv got my nyo re-audition today, then nybb tomorrow :shock: the stress is unbearable!

19. twigglet

twigglet Member

ooo good luck! don't envy you, I absolutely hate auditions!

NYO always send me nice glossy newsletters I don't know why but they're very nice!

:D

20. yeah, my face always ends up being on one of them every so often

21. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

good luck mate.
    they only put you in the newletters cos you play with the world infamous BrassNeck Quintet you know... nothing to do with being principal tuba!