NYBBW 25th Anniversary

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Anno Draconis, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

From 4BR: http://www.4barsrest.com/news/detail.asp?id=4812

Calling all old (and not so old) former NYBBW players!

If you are a former member of the National Youth Brass Band of Wales, then Dr Robert Childs wants to hear from you to help celebrate its 25th anniversary.
    Dr Robert Childs is looking for old players!

The current Musical Director of the National Youth Band of Wales is currently putting together the first stages of what he hopes will be a wonderful 25th birthday celebration for the National Band later this year.

With that in mind he would like to hear from as many of the hundreds of former players to have passed through the ranks of the band since 1982.

"Through the network of 4barsrest I'd like to invite as many past players as possible to email me their name, instrument and the dates they were members of the band"

Dr Childs told 4BR: "This year the band is celebrating its 25th Anniversary and we would like to contact as many past players as we can. Through the network of 4barsrest I'd like to invite as many past players as possible to email me their name, instrument and the dates they were members of the band. Knowing what became of all the players who enjoyed the NYBBW and gained something through being a part of it will make the celebrations even more special."

Past players should contact Dr Childs on: euph4bob@aol.com and it would be useful if their email was headed NYBBW Past Player.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Band
    Robert Childs
    NYBBW 25th Anniversary
    Musical Director
  3. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

On a personal note, I'll definitely get in touch and I know that there are quite a few more NYBBW ex-members on tMP. Might be a good opportunity to talk about forming an "old boys/girls" band for fundraising, as Nick suggested a few months ago?

4. impycornet

impycornet Member

Had an e-mail from Bob today regarding this.
    He is anxious for as many past members of NYBBW to get in touch with him.

Sounds like they are trying to get something quite special arranged for the 25th Anniversary.

He has asked that people mention this at band rehearsals if possible. You never know where there may be a welsh man/woman lurking !!!

Cheers,