NYBB concerts royal northern(fri 18th) huddersfield (19th)

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by angie, Apr 22, 2003.

1. angie

angie Member

as a member i thought we did 2 really wicked concerts on both nights
    anyone got an opinion?

ps did anyone at the friday concert witness the noisy spectacular mouthpiece throwing incident by a very embarrassed 2nd cornet player during the trombone concerto?if so i think i may have to hide my face for ever.....
    :oops:

2. Cornetto

Cornetto Member

Hey angie!! I just discovered this forum and loadsa nybb ppl on it. Not bad!!
    The course was my best in 7 so far!! And the RNCM concert had to be my personal favourite of all time for what ever reason. Shame more ppl couldn't be arsed turning up to witness it. Must thank all the 'big name' players who bothered though, to quote one "I don't usually go to concerts coz I never enjoy them, but I enjoyed this one!" So there you are....
    nybb are on the up people! go to their concerts!

3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hey cornetto... don't forget to make sure you post any NYBB concert dates you know of yeah? I'm sure there are many people who will read this here and who would be interested in attending such an event.

Glad to hear the concerts are on the up, long may they continue to be on the up as well !!!... :)

4. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

only on the up cos i've left ;)

5. angie

angie Member

from the top of my head the summer concerts are on the 8th and 9th of august, one in bedford, one in snape(?) hope thats a real place not something from harry potter.
    will post proper details soon

6. Cornetto

Cornetto Member

[quote="TheMusicMan
    Hey cornetto... don't forget to make sure you post any NYBB concert dates you know of yeah? I'm sure there are many people who will read this here and who would be interested in attending such an event.

Glad to hear the concerts are on the up, long may they continue to be on the up as well !!!... :)[/quote]

Hehe will do. When I can be bothered to check when they are! Will do nearer the time actually. But seriously, the attendance is usually pretty dissapointing, so we can do with all the publicity we can get. No hang on... I've just had an award for service to the band so I can stop kissin ass now ;) Jokin of course!

7. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

and bragging ;)