NW Turkeys Vote for Christmas

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Space Cowboy, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Space Cowboy

Space Cowboy Member

Sadly it appears the bands in my area the NW are blindly stumbling into decisions that look like being the death of the NW areas.

I am staggered by their shortsightedness and hope they come to their senses and get their entries in for Blackpool.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    NW Turkeys Vote
    NW
    Blackpool
    entries
    NW areas
  3. boourns

boourns Member

I'm sure they will, now.

I doubt many were actually planning to stay away completely, but the regional committee aren't in a position to second guess their true intentions and have done the right thing by allowing both sets of cards.

4. pedaller

pedaller Member

Far from the turkeys voting for Christmas, the status quo has been maintained and Kapitol's undemocratic rule change and alternative registry has been duly rejected by the MAJORITY of the 85 eligible bands in the North West, supported by a sensible decision from the N.W. officials. There is no need to coerce players into joining a new registry, as on their own admission, the BBP registry rules are identical to BBBR rules, so, other than a different card, there is absolutely no change in registration policies. If healthy competition in a FREE market is Kapitol's ambition, then LET PLAYERS DECIDE which registry they prefer, and stop trying to force us into bed with Kapitol.
    I can only assume you are a member of one of the 17 scab bands which entered the Area seemingly hoping to have a clear run at a chance of getting to the finals! Good luck with that.
    Tom Stringfellow, aka "pedaller"

5. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

On my gravestone I would like "I'd rather be here than with Kapitol, but I'd rather Kapitol were here."

6. That's pretty nasty stuff. Obviously the Spirit of Christmas and peace and goodwill to all men has yet to reach you...

7. pedaller

pedaller Member

Yet again, Ifind myself agreeing with Mr. Lyons! This is a habit I need to kick. Help anyone?

8. Bob Sherunkle

Bob Sherunkle Active Member

OK. Never trust anyone with 2 partings!

9. mikelyons

If I had said Nicky Bland, Sonorous or Philip Morris, I would agree with you that it was harsh. However, I don't see how anyone can have sensitive feelings towards this limited company that has caused so much dissension and strife in the banding community.

10. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

I've advised Kapitol to sue for your libel, Mike! Run away! Run away! Run away! Run away!

11. euphalogy

euphalogy Member

I can only assume you are a member of one of the 17 scab bands which entered the Area seemingly hoping to have a clear run at a chance of getting to the finals! Good luck with that.
    Tom Stringfellow, aka "pedaller"

Is there really any need for such intemperate and sinister language?t
    Having served a Colliery Band for 40 years the introduction of the description "Scab Band" clearly fails to promote your insatiable desire for player democracy, (providing it agrees with your view and stance on the issue.)
    Brass Band, Silver Band, i am often asked what is the difference, i have no desire to add the Scab Band to my repertoire of explanations.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    NW Turkeys Vote
    NW
    Blackpool
    entries
    NW areas
  13. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Alan where do you categorise frosted instruments they would have been all the rage when you started banding? I even saw a frosted brass one last week - time for a retro come back I feel - could we get Kapitol to add it to the National rules? Only band's playing with frosted instruments allowed - it could see a massive sales for which ever company got on to that one

15. kennywenny

kennywenny Member

Scab bands ... Have I just read that right that someone involved in brass banding has called other bands scabs .... Disgusting

16. mattthebass

mattthebass Member

I've posted things that in the light of day i've thought mmmmm questionable. i think we need to stay away from such terms, they're not helpful and get remember for a long time. I know i post often on this registry subject but the Bolton area seems to be split 50/50 on Kapitol, purely from entering contests, everyone seems to disagree with the way it's been done. Lets remember we'll all be helping each other on at some point next year and to keep it nicey nicey.

17. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

It's a ridiculous term to use - to use it here completely trivialises the struggles of the miners, among others. Frankly bad taste.

18. Sonorous

Sonorous New Member

Matt, I'm with you completely on this point

19. The Godfather

The Godfather Member

Would that be the same Mr Lyons who gave you a low placing at Denton on Whit Friday my peddaling friend?
    You must take consolation that on that particular occasion FODENS were lower than your band. A rum result indeed.
    CIAO, CORLEONE.

20. mikelyons

Although I refuse to rise fully to your bait, Codfather, Having listend to the recordings I made on the night, all bands with one exception got exactly the placing they deserved for their performances. One band may have been slighted because a couple of arschlochen decided to camp outside the adjudicator's position in the middle of their performance and shout over it. Despite being asked to leave they refused until a marshall came along and moved them. I compensated as best I could, but the moment may have been lost - and was not clear on the recording either.

21. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

Paahaaa..... Nice Teflon shoulders there. Good excuse for poor musical judgement.
    Back to the o/p.
    i have listened and read and considered. I still trust no one but I happen to agree with Carina. Attend this year and see which apples fall out of the tree after. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I don't believe we have the luxury on this occasion.