Number of instruments?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Feefee, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Feefee

Feefee Member

Hey I was just wondering how many people play more than one brass instruments? If so? How many and what are they?
  2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I've played cornet, horn, tenor trombone and Eb bass in a band... and played other brass instruments for fun :)
  3. Feefee

Feefee Member

Wow that is a lot!

I play Soprano in two bands used to play Bb Cornet in another band (Kinda miss not playing it in a band though coz i only play it in college) and play Trumpet in an orchestra and thought that was a lot!
    I also had a go on a Horn (which was gud), Trombone and a Tuba (even though it was ratha large for a small gal like me! Lol!)
    Oh and i also tried a French Horn too which was good!
  4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

This has come up before, but I couldn't track down the thread. At various times I've played all the instruments in the brass band from tenor horn down, although recently it has mainly been bass, with the odd foray onto baritone or euphonium. Way back in history, whilst at school, I tinkered with french horn, and have even played the occasional hymn tune on cornet.
  5. pegleg

pegleg Member

I started out on Soprano Cornet from age 11-16, then EEb Bass, Euphonium, Baritone and Horn and back to Soprano from 16-20; Second Cornet for a few months, then Horn for 2 years. EEb Bass for the next 18 years, except for a year on Bass Trombone. A period of Bb Cornet and Conducting for 4 years. Now Solo Trombone for past 3 years. Have tried a BBb Bass occasionally; oh yeah, also played Snare Drum once in Bermuda !
  6. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

I play EEflat bass in 1 band and BBflat bass in another. Started on Euph.
  7. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

8. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

I play soprano, cornet, trumpet and flugal, but have played the rest of the brass band family with exception of trombones.
  9. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

I have played all of the normal brass band instruments except soprano. My trombone technique has been called "unusual", "interesting", and "unique", but never "good" or "acceptable". ;)
  10. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

Sop and Bb. yet ive played horn and euph before for concerts, takes getting use to a my sound was pants so im sticking with the small side! i couldnt even reach a bass!
  11. tubadaz

tubadaz Member

Trumpet, Cornet, Tenor Horn, Baritone, Euphonium, Tenor Trombone, Bass Trombone, EEb Bass, BBb Bass. Not necessarily all on the same Gig! :) I've also marched G Bugles in Drum Corps during my (very) mis-spent youth!! :)

12. jmb83

jmb83 Member

Played cornet, bass Eb and BBb, horn and baritone (and euph but on batitone part) messed about with sop but its too smaller a mouthpiece and i have a big mouth!

Just try to stick to drums except carolling now
  13. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I have now performed at a concert on Bb Bass, Eb bass, Bass Trombone, Tenor Trombone, Euphonium, Baritone and Tenor Horn...still have yet to crack the cornet section ;)
  14. groovy

groovy Active Member

Started on trumpet then did flugel....stopped them now and currently play euph, bari, tenor trombone and bass trombone. I also had to play Eb bass once, but it was only a baby one thankfully.
  15. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

I play baritone (badly) and bass sometimes at school, but nothing can beat euph!
  16. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

I play cornet, sop, flugel, trumpet and french horn with bands and i've been known to venture onto horn and baritone from time to time
  17. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I've played from horn upwards although my spell on horn was not a very long one and my little stint on sop is best left in the past. Flugel is my favourite, but I'll give anything ago, you have to try these things in case you like them or have hidden talents of which you knew nothing about!
  18. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

Bb Trumpet
    C Trumpet
    Eb/D Trumpet
    G Piccolo Trumpet
    Bb/A Piccolo Trumpet
    Bb Rotary Valve Trumpet
    Bb Cornet
    Eb Cornet

These are the ones I play regularly, others I have been known to dabble on:

Tenor Horn (but I quickly recovered)
    French Horn
  19. ju33les

ju33les Member

:eek: :eek: :wink:
    Don't want you on our side of the band!!!:p
  20. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

I'm an active euphonium (Hade Edge) and baritone (Hudds Uni) player. I'm also a pretty terrible trombone player, but that's because I'm not playing it with any ensemble at the moment. :)