Number 501 to stop at Morrisons!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by midwalesman, Dec 10, 2005.

1. midwalesman

midwalesman Member

A funny thing happened as I walked in to Morrisons yesterday, no good ol' Frankie didn't appear as a spooky yet funny ghost, but I heard the dolcissimo tones of the Emley band. At last they had something other than Morrison FM music, and had the privilege of eating my daily meal with the melodic drift of little donkey and Sweet Chiming Bells (my request, and the bells were very effective).

Anyway, congrats to the Emley massive and good luck to all bands gathering "coin" for next year.

Are there anymore appearences of brass at Morrisons or any other supermarket, and if you haven't guessed, yup, my moto is "Can't cook, Won't cook"!

2. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

The Emley always turn up in the most unexpected places. Glad you liked it! :biggrin:
    The band are busking in Asda in Wakefield tomorrow for anyone in that neck of the woods. ;)

3. Ruthless

Ruthless Member

Is this the one on Asdale road? What time are you there? This is just down from the In-laws - might come down and throw stuff at you!! (unless you need a flug/cornet..... for a couple of mins!!!)

R

4. HBB

HBB Active Member

So helpful Ruth :p

5. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Not sure which road its on Ruth to be honest, i'll find out for you, im not doing that gig so i'll ask someone who is! Its between 11am and 2pm though.
    Feel free to throw as much cash/chocolate/cuddly toys/beer coupons or expensive electrical goods as you like, im sure the band members can make use of all of them! And if you fancy a blow you will be more than welcome to play along and experience the atmosphere that is 'The Emley'. :biggrin:

6. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

And a good day at ASDA it was too!! Despite standing outside it was warm enough to take my coat off and there was a Baxters soup van giving away free cups of soup (the carrot and parsnip one is just gorgeous!!! :tongue: ) and they very kindly kept us plied with the stuff for the three hours we were there!! Thank you Baxters!!

Thanks to anyone who was there and put anything in our buckets, and thanks also to the ex-Grimey player who having heard us left us with his name and number so that we can use him as a dep whenever we need him!! WOOHOO!!! :biggrin:

Nice to see you at Morrisons too Midwalesman...that was me that gave you the thumbs up if you hadn't already gathered! :rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2005
  7. midwalesman

midwalesman Member

If I'd known I would have left my name and number too!! :-( Freely available for third cornet depping ;-)

8. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

If you fancy a trip "darn sarf" to do your shopping, I'll be at Tesco in Pitsea with Hadleigh Band on Thursday evening ;)

9. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

Hade Edge are at Morrisons (Huddersfireld) on Saturday (I think)
    9 till 5.