Now that's how to deal with stroppy women.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Rapier, May 5, 2006.

1. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Last edited: May 5, 2006
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    women
    policing point of view
    Yanks
    UK
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

It is a bit over the top, but she doesn't half make a meal of it!!!

(Incidentally, I didn't think the taizer was intended for such close quarters use?)

4. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

You can use the Tazer touching the skin. There is no minimum distance, only maximum, (being the length of the wires).

5. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

I wonder if any of my old mates would lend me one? Both BMB and Di needs to be kept in line, on occasions. ;)

6. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

I know many many people (not just on tMP) who would fit into that category!!!:biggrin: :biggrin:

Puss

7. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Interesting clip, but I have a couple of questions about it:

OK shes not the most compliant suspect, but (as I see it) she shows no probability of violence toward the officer. Is sticking 25,0000 volts through a person an appropriate course of action to someone who is slightly narked at being pulled over for speeding?

(This one might be more damning) I'm watching that film supposedly from a camera mounted on the patrol car. Yet when the officer gets out and then his mate gets out to help, and then they bundle the suspect into the back of the patrol car, there is absolutely no disturbance to the shot. If the camera was mounted in a car you would expect some movement from the cars suspension when the (fairly beefy) cop got out of the car surely? And especially when they were supposedly bundling the suspect into the back of the car at the end - three people on one side of a car usually results in a significant amount suspension rock from the car - yet the camera shot was rock solid throughout. Anyone like to explain how a camera mounted to a patrol car is completely unaffected by that cars movements?

8. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Well in the US the laws are different. You have to comply with any orders given. If you don't you can be arrested for resisting arrest and so force can be used to arrest. She failed to comply (although if you listen to what's said she also tried to hit the assisting officer) and so was tazed.(50,000 volts by the way). They also said her licence was suspended, so arrest for Disqualified driving was in order.

As for the camera, I'd guess that they have pretty stiff suspension on US police cars, as they transport prisoners in the back much more than we do. I've never noticed UK dashboard camera films moving much either.

9. That was my intitial reaction, but then I realised it's not just the fact that she's being stroppy. She wouldn't leave the car after being asked repeatedly. She could have driven away, ran them over or anything. I suppose these are the kind of things the police have to avoid and when you look at it in that light, prevention is better than cure and as far as I know these things are not harmful (feel free to correct me if this is not the case though as I haven't looked into it, it's just what I've been led to believe).

10. Tom-King

Tom-King Well-Known Member

How can 25,000 volts of electricity running through you not be harmful?!?

How many warnings do you get about being careful with a 240V mains supply, nevermind 100x that strength...

Seems way over the top. She wasnt being helpful and I dont think thats reasonable at all.

11. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

It's not 25,000 volts it's 50,000 and direct current not AC. It can be fatal to a small percentage of the population but is just very painful for a few seconds. As you can see a further shock was administered when she played up about being handcuffed. No injuries remain, in the UK she may have been physically removed from the car and been injured by the force required to accomplish that. So not such a bad option really.

Don't forget it's a lot different in the US. Guns are a lot more prevalent. 4 Officers have been killed in the last week alone.

I have dealt with a people a lot more aggressive than she was and would never have even considered a Taser as an option. In this country they are usually deployed against suspects with some sort of weapon.

She was a disqualified driver, so just 'not being helpful'!
    I've had some of my toughest fights nicking Disqual Drivers.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    women
    policing point of view
    Yanks
    UK
  13. wilky

wilky Member

I use one of them on our cornet section when they play wrong notes, its a good way to get people to practice their parts !

14. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- I thought you would have used jump leads ;)

15. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

FYI...it's not the voltage, but the current that kills.

16. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Pat, spoken like a true Physics teacher ;) and just what I was going to say myself. The Tazer will be very high voltage (the 25 0000 volts comment should've read 25 000 which is what I thought they were - I stand corrected) and vey low current. Painful, but unless you happen to have a very weak heart usually not fatal.

To be fair to the cop he does ask her to get out about four times, and warns her thats shes due a tazing several times too, and I guess with the US's wonderful gun laws its always better to be safe than sorry in these cases.

If you look carefully, you can see the car rocking when he gets out, and I guess the camera is unlikely to be rigidly mounted anyway, but I have a natural instinct to disbelieve any film I see on the 'net these days.

17. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Shouldn't laugh but

HAHAHAHAHAHA

18. HBB

HBB Active Member

It's hillarious - when she starts miaowing!

I have no sympathy for the woman - she was driving when her licence was suspended, refused to listen to a police officer, was directly rude, swore and then tried to hit him!

Bring on the Tazer in the UK!

19. Can I borrow it? I'd have soooooooo much fun with JJ Lees!!

20. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Splutter! I've only just noticed this! Ha! If a tazer is the only way I can be kept in line then frankly I'm proud to be a woman. This is fighting talk my friend. No more Ms Nice Badger...:p :p
    BMB
    xx

21. HBB

HBB Active Member

There was originally a nice badger?

22. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I used to be a pleasant little common or garden blackandwhite badger, but I have suddenly transformed into a honey badger, the most vicious predator on the planet. I have teeth. And claws. And certain people are going to start feeling them.:rolleyes:
    BMB
    xx