Novel Social Idea - Camping! (NW/Yorks)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by sparkling_quavers, Jul 16, 2006.

1. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

I think this has been brought up before but who would be up for a tMP social with a difference? I was thinking something like booking into a camp site (one with proper showers though!!) for a weekend and having a big BBQ on the Sat night. If we can get enough interest then I will suggest some dates for later in the summer :biggrin: I think numbers of 15-20 people would be ideal and it would be a great laugh :cool::tup Post in this thread if you think you may be up for it (date depending of course). Just to clarify any under 18's would need to bring an adult to accompany them.
  2. Matt Lawson

Matt Lawson Member

Sounds good, keep us informed of any further plans!
  3. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Camping! :eek:
  4. sparkling_quavers

ah come on Susan it would be great! you know you want to :biggrin:
  5. fulcherc

fulcherc Member

Camping with the Band is great fun - we've done it three times now and each time was absolutely brilliant - and we had proper showers

Good luck :biggrin:
  6. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Great idea, but NW/Yorks is too far for me I'm afraid.
  7. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

But where would I plug in my hairdryer and straighners? How would I get my four poster bed inside a tent? :eek:
  8. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hire a marquee and bring a long extension lead... :biggrin:
  9. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Fantastic idea!

Rachel, long extension lead, and a marquee, and I'm there! :biggrin:
  10. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Tim will be happy then - gives him another opportunity to pack his suitcase!!

11. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Too far?! Cornwall is too far away but i'd be up for going! And i'll speak for liz and say she would too......she was just saying we need a reason to go up north again!
  12. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, but think of the look on Tim's face when the suitcase comes out again!!! :biggrin: It must be worth it just for that.?
  13. Lisa

Lisa Member

Camping is great fun! :D I would possibly be interested in coming but depending on where it is (and what weekend). Do you have a location in mind?
  14. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Me and MrsWomble would be up for some camping! (work and band commitments allowing)
  15. sparkling_quavers

Lisa, I haven't thought of an exact location yet. Has anyone got any ideas? There are loads of nice spots in yorks or NW.
  16. dyl

dyl Active Member

I'm guessing it's gonna be in a field somewhere.
  17. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

hmm camping....
  18. twigglet

twigglet Member

Yey camping! We should go to the lakes... Bowness would be great fun! (loads of pubs!)
  19. sparkling_quavers

Elin you need to work on convincing your sister! Don't worry we will definately be getting somewhere with proper shower block and electrics - I too cannot live with my hair straightners!
  20. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Hair straighteners?!?!? :-? That's not camping!!!! :eek:

Running down half dressed to the freezing cold river in the morning to have the quickest ice cold wash/shampoo/wee ever and then getting back to your tent to discover a sheep eating what you had sizzling in the pan for breakfast is camping!!

Said sheep is on the barbie by lunch time, NOW THAT'S PROPER CAMPING. :tup :tongue: