Nottingham University

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Jack, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Jack

Jack Member

Are there any 1st or 2nd section bands within walking/easy public transport distance from Nottingham university? Trying to look for a band after moving down from Manchester in September. I played front row cornet in a 2nd section band for a year and a half before moving.

2. Bones

Bones Member

Hi

Nottingham's only city centre band, Carlton Brass are 1st section and would I am sure welcome you with open arms.

Give their Chairman a call John Bailey 0115 9117556 or check out www.carltonbrass.co.uk

3. kierendinno

kierendinno Member

Hi, Blidworth are a second section band near to Nottingham. I live in the City and have no problems getting to band. I've not been with them long but they're a great bunch with a fantastic MD and some decent concerts/contests to look forward to. PM me if you fancy comong along!

Kieren :)

4. rutty

rutty Active Member

Hi Jack,

As Rich has said Carlton Brass are not far from you and we can always fit in another cornet player. Are you in Beeston? I live close to the university and so a lift in is always possible.

We practice Mondays and Thursdays now and so those Friday sessions are still possible ;)

Regards

Dave

5. HannahLouise

HannahLouise Member

Hi Jack... (its Hannah from Uni Brass)

I played with Carlton in my first year (hi Dave.. lol) and can thoroughly recommend it! I know there have been a few changes since I was there but it was really good and a great bunch of people.

6. PW - MD

PW - MD New Member

Jack

I believe you've been sent a PM from Hucknall and Linby Band. Please check us out.