Nottingham University

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Jack, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Jack

Jack Member

Are there any 1st or 2nd section bands within walking/easy public transport distance from Nottingham university? Trying to look for a band after moving down from Manchester in September. I played front row cornet in a 2nd section band for a year and a half before moving.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    band
    distance
    transport
    section band
    front row cornet
  3. Bones

Bones Member

Hi

Nottingham's only city centre band, Carlton Brass are 1st section and would I am sure welcome you with open arms.

Give their Chairman a call John Bailey 0115 9117556 or check out www.carltonbrass.co.uk

4. kierendinno

kierendinno Member

Hi, Blidworth are a second section band near to Nottingham. I live in the City and have no problems getting to band. I've not been with them long but they're a great bunch with a fantastic MD and some decent concerts/contests to look forward to. PM me if you fancy comong along!

Kieren :)

5. rutty

rutty Active Member

Hi Jack,

As Rich has said Carlton Brass are not far from you and we can always fit in another cornet player. Are you in Beeston? I live close to the university and so a lift in is always possible.

We practice Mondays and Thursdays now and so those Friday sessions are still possible ;)

Regards

Dave

6. HannahLouise

HannahLouise Member

Hi Jack... (its Hannah from Uni Brass)

I played with Carlton in my first year (hi Dave.. lol) and can thoroughly recommend it! I know there have been a few changes since I was there but it was really good and a great bunch of people.

7. PW - MD

PW - MD New Member

Jack

I believe you've been sent a PM from Hucknall and Linby Band. Please check us out.