Not replying

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Louder/faster/higher, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Why is it that a when people say please contact me via pm or email. That they do not reply back.
    Just a thought

2. Why is it that a when people say please contact me via pm or email. That they do not reply back.
    Just a thought.

Is it not the decent thing to reply even if it's to say not available ,not for sale etc.
    Why tell people to contact you whether it's about something for sale or wanting help.
    What do you think?

3. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

inbox might be full and not recieve the pm

4. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Email might have got mistakenly spam-filtered? It's generally best to assume incompetence rather than malevolence, I find.

5. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

Are you giving them enough time to respond or allowing for the fact that they might not check inboxes often or be totally inept when it comes to computers?

6. Just to let everyone aware that this was just a general thought not aimed at the mouthpiece but about the subject in general.

Cheers

7. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Same as before.
    Job applications, difficult to respond to everyone if 1200 apply for a job
    Person or offer may not be suitable, so don't respond
    Time, not everyone has time to respond to everyone

8. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

Or (being a natural born pessimist) they just cant be bothered. I have had this happen several times on here. It irks me!!!!

9. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

always nice to get a reply even if it's just a couple of words. you went to the trouble of sending a PM re a subject so the person requesting PM's should be polite enough to respond. Just my opinion others may differ