Nose Job

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by flugtastic, Feb 28, 2008.

1. flugtastic

flugtastic Member

im having a nose op at the end of april and was wondering if any 1 else had had one and how long they didnt play for.
    I will defo not be playing sop at buxton because its too close after the op but i was wondering if i will be ok for whit friday.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    op
    whit
    nose op
    im
    sop
  3. BIG Paul

BIG Paul Member

better had be or your dead thats DED dead

4. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

Depends on what you mean by nose job! I have had 5 sinus/polyp/septum relignment related ops over the years, the last one being last year. I didn't play for around 6 weeks - being also a sop player, you do of course worry about the effects of the pressure but on this occssion, I was fine. Having said that, after the very first op many years ago, I did land up having blue lights and sirens as I was rushed with nonstop bleeding just 3 days after the op! Moral: ask the surgeon - if they say don't play, don't play!

5. flugtastic

flugtastic Member

the surgeon dint really have a clue bout playin after my mum asked her. they told me to stay off college for 2 weeks 2 prevent risk of infection. im havin a piece of cartlidge out n the nerves twiddled with... the op begins with an s. and ends in plasty :)

i wouldnt be dead paul...id jus have 2 play bass drum or snard or cymbols and have a drink with you on the coach :)

6. Matt Lawson

Matt Lawson Member

I've had several veins burnt in my nose because I used to have really bad nose bleeds.

It's now a physical impossibility for me to have a nose bleed, which is nice!

7. leisa

leisa Active Member

That was nice to know Matt :p

8. agentorange

agentorange Member

I had a new nostril drilled a few years ago!

I'd broken my nose playing rugby about 5 times. Although it didn't look too bad from the outside, internally the right nostril was almost completely closed where the bone had reformed in the wrong place. The surgeon literally had to drill the bone away to unblock it. Not pleasant! Some people still think he drilled too far and damaged my brain!

Anyway, to answer your question, I didn't play at all for 3-4 weeks, then just started back gently (no fff's!) for further a week or two, so you should be fine for the whit marches.

Good luck!!

9. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Septoplasty : A septoplasty is nose surgery performed on the cartilage, mucous memranes, and bone that separate the left and ride sides of the nose. When the septum is deviated, it shifts to one side or the other. Although very common, a deviated septum can obstruct airflow and impede breathing through the nose. This can be the result of trauma (a broken nose) or can occur naturally as the nose develops. Septoplasty surgery to straighten the septum or remove the obstructing anatomy takes about an hour and is performed with local, IV sedation, or general anesthesia. Packing or internal splints will be placed and remain in the nose for a few days to help the septum to heal into its new position. Usually there is little to no visible bruising since the surgery takes place in the center of the nose. Possible risks include infection, failure to improve breathing, perforation (a hole) in the septum, or possibly an unintended change in the appearance of the nose.

:tup

10. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Thanks for that Rog!

I thought you meant plastic surgery for a moment there Vicky!

11. andywooler

Yup, that was one of the things I had done the first time.

The only thing I have as a hangover from the various ops is no sense of smell - which has up and down sides!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    op
    whit
    nose op
    im
    sop
  13. flugtastic

flugtastic Member

I've not been able 2 smell for 5 years now. the're gonna do sumthing with the nerves so i can tho. i have the option after if i want to have the nose cosmetically reshaped but dont think i will. x

14. I have a bobble on the end of my nose but no one will pay for my cosmetic surgery.... what a shame, If there are any rich banders out there I would love a nose job off you!

15. millie6589

millie6589 Member

damn, you beat me to it, was gonna ask for the same thing! i've always hated my nose :frown:

16. Maybe a sponsored walk or cycle will do the job, Im sure everyone will sponsor our campaign for greater noses! :)

17. flugtastic

flugtastic Member

im actually really scared about the op. it suddenly hit me today. does it hurt when you come around from the general anestetic? ohh im startin to worry already and its not til the end of april :(

18. Im sure you will be fine! I once cut the top of my nose open on a sharp objext and had 8 stitches but it didnt hurt was just abit itchy, but then I guess what your having is differant to what happened to me.

19. agentorange

agentorange Member

Nah, don't worry about it. I don't remember being in any great pain after my op. The constant bleeding was a bit of a nightmare though.

20. flugtastic

flugtastic Member

iv bin havin lots of nosebleeds over the past few weeks.... im jus a lil bit aprehensive about waking up and being in pain.. i go for my pre op on the 10th april.. i really hope im ok for whit friday, if not il jus have to play the drums lol xxx

21. andywooler

which is exactly the excuse I use to not play cornet on the march!

No pain for eitjetr btw so I wouldn't worry.

22. flugtastic

flugtastic Member

Well i had my op done 2 weeks early! im now stuck in at home for another day waiting to go out. iv only got a little bit of bruiseing undernieth one eye and still feeling quite numb and a little bit of swelling so looks like im on percussion for the next few rehersals! hopefully will be able to play on back row at buxton and be back on sop for whit friday :)