Nose flutes and other random comments

Discussion in 'Thread Games & Totally Random...' started by Naomi McFadyen, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

As Sarahs teacher, I can safely say her playing is always improving and she IS a good percussionist... She's getting ready for her grade 8 at the moment and I'm confident she will do a great job of it when entered in for it next year...
    Enough of the "I'm not a very good percussionist" already... Ok!?

Just keep up the practise Sarah; you're doing fine :)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    QUOTE=drummergurl
    Sarahs
    grade
    good percussionist
    random comments
  3. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

PERUVIAN nose flute? You're having a laugh! LITHUANIAN nose flute is the nostrilised musical instrument by which all others should be judged! 'Mucus music' par excellence!

:)

4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I strongly disagree! The HAWAIIAN nose flute is the standard all the top beaks go by! True sinus-soidal waves can be heard from the forests ... Dickens has referred to Ebersneezer Scrooge practicising one in his quieter moments away from his money counting! ;)

5. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

True, true.... even Luciano Pava'snotti' was known to partake occasionally..... as was 'Bogey' Carmichael! :)

6. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

heheheh! :p I wonder if Howard Smell has done any arrangements? Didn't Bach write some Snifonias for the thing? And don't forget Ray Steadman-Allen's The Beakons! :rolleyes:

p.s., doesn't it give a different perspective to Horn Soloists?

7. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Rumour has it that Hank(ie) Marvin and the Shadows had their most famous hit title come to them via an unfortunate sneeze (aaaaaAAAAA-Pache! :))

8. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I think we need to get back on-topic here, please!

9. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

what about Glen Miller's version of Chattanooga Ah-Choo Ah-Choo? Also must mention Al Jarreau's Bogie Down, The Dazz Band's Let It All Blow etc. :cool:

[Back on Topic]

The school systems are heavily based on results these days and Associated Board exams are part and parcel of that process. Good preparation for standard grades and A-levels. I sat Grade 8 on piano (distinction and a horrible memory of double chromatic thirds in contrary motion) but never sat any for brass. Did brass as first subject at college though.

10. PeterBale

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em:

I've split this into a different thread, and would suggest the old spiritual: "Nobody nose de trouble I see" ;)

11. Di

Di Active Member

Call me "picky" (eeeuuw) if you like, the but topic title is "nose flutes and other random comments" :rolleyes: :p

Last edited: Dec 1, 2004
  12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    QUOTE=drummergurl
    Sarahs
    grade
    good percussionist
    random comments
  13. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

What about the Tom Jones Classic:

"It's Snot - Unusual"

p.s. Dinie - I think Peter's uncharacteristic outburst came BEFORE he split this into a new thread topic - confused me at first too :shock:

14. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

Or even better - the Muppets singing

"It's Snot, easy, being Green"

15. Di

Di Active Member

OK OK, i'll stop sticking me nose in then. ;)

16. PeterBale

No worries - I meant to edit it once I'd done the split, but I forgot, and these things take so much longer now I'm on dial-up again :-(

17. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

As one of my comments seems to have sparked this I ought to contribute. How about

The sound of Sinus?

A Chill in Paris

and

I'd like to teach the world to sneeze?

18. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Just a thought - watch out for the Lithuanian ones. The constant drizzle tends to fill up the nosepiece very quickly and it's usually advisable to keep your own nosepiece unless you particularly dislike somebody :)

19. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Nostril number ones (Start worrying if your nostrils do number twos....)

(All right snot.... sorry.... pop pickers?)

For Sneeze a Jolly Good Fellow

Thank You For the Mucus

Band on the 'Run'

Blow the Nose Southerly

Ob-la-di Ob-la da-Ob-laddy hell!...aaa-aaa....TISHOOOOO!

20. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Mmmm, but surely the first post in this thread was on topic with the GRADED thread itself?

;-)

21. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

There you go! Poking your NOSE in again! :) :)

22. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I was sniffing around earlier trying to find out where this thread was moved to! It's SNORT Fair!