Norwegian Nationals 2008

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by bassinthebathroom, Feb 8, 2008.

1. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

Apologies if there is already a thread on this... did look, but couldn't see one:
    Is anyone else watching the live coverage online of the Norwegian Nationals, not the 4barsrest comments I mean, but the video feed at:
    http://www1.nrk.no/nett-tv/distrikt/hordaland/verdi/37494#
    (you will need IE 6 or higher/latest Firefox and Media Player 11 plugin)
    The wonders of modern technology eh?
    Plus the piece is Odin which is favourite of mine.
    It's great to see that the Norwegians value their bands so much as to have them on Internet TV! :tup

2. Just got home from work and tuned in, what a great idea!

Lets hope more contests at home take notice and do this in future...

3. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Internet connection is too slow for me to get it without dropouts every few seconds. Very frustrating. Sadly, the perils of living out in the sticks mean I have to put up with an internet connection akin to two baked bean cans and a piece of wet string.

4. Sonny Barker

Sonny Barker Member

It does make 4br's live coverage a bit redundant. I just listened to Stavanger's performance, then watched the team (front row, left-hand-side) type up the comments and post them.

Who would have thought it - 4 bars rest - the victims of progress!

5. bassinthebathroom

...and now we can make up our own minds about how good or bad the performances were! :biggrin:

6. It would have been ok if the thing had worked, I couldn't see or hear a thing!!

Shame cos Odin is my favourite piece.

7. Sonny Barker

Sonny Barker Member

Really enjoyed the last band on. Not overblown and plenty of detail. Iwan and Kenny seemed to be enjoying it all. I'm a bit slow on the old mouse; it seemed as if the last band comments and predicted top 4 were up before the last band had finished.

Can't wait for the own-choice tomorrow.

8. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Am I right in assuming that only the live streaming of the contest is what we get on this channel?

9. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Are you thinking of a 'watch again' type thing?

10. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

When I got home last evening, the Manger performance was still 'keyed' in the channel but no access. After a wee while I gathered that it was probably live streaming.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Norwegian
    IE 6
    Firefox
    Media Player 11
    Norwegians
  12. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I've just clicked on some of the other streams and all I get is 'ready' and nothing more ... anything missing or not done properly? :dunno

13. bassinthebathroom

The link may take you to the first session yesterday, but there should be a tab beneath saying "NM Brass" with a little red box top right saying 'Direkte' - click that for the latest live feed (hopefully!) :s
    Brassneck, I had the same problem, but downloading the latest Media Player (11) plugin in for your relevant browser should fix this. Failing that there is a help page, just depends how good your Norwegian is!!
    Oh, also the latest Flash player install: http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
  14. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I have to also assume that the media player update has already been done with the automatic updates ... if not, I'll have to install it again. Thanks.

15. bassinthebathroom

I had to manually search for both WMP and Flash updates - it seems those Vikings are abreast of all the latest technology!

16. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- including innovation for brass bands ;)

17. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

It's good to listen to but is there nowhere where it tells you which band is currently playing because if you don't know the testpieces, you're a bit stuck till you come to one you do know?

18. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Great collection of own choice works though ...

A. Concerto Grosso (Bourgeois)
    B. Eden (Pickard)
    C. Elgar Variations (Ellerby)
    D. Extreme Makeover (de Meij)
    E. Montage (Graham)
    F. Music of the Spheres (Sparke)
    G. Riffs and Interludes (Aagaard-Nilsen)
    H. Tallis Variations (Sparke)
    I. Titan’s Progress (Alliston)
    J. Vienna Nights (Wilby)

http://www.4barsrest.com/news/detail.asp?id=7206

19. bassinthebathroom

For some reason I can't get a link to work for today's live feed, but clicking the link on this thread takes you to yesterdays 4-6pm session. For today's live feed (Section 1 at the moment), there is a tab under the player window which says:
    NM Brass Kl. 12.10 - 14.20, and a box in the top right that says Direkte. Clicking Direkte will take you todays live feed, where the band name in displayed aswell as, periodically, the band piece at the bottom.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
  20. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

No joy for me either ... out of interest, which codec or plugin did you have to use? (... I'm now beginning to think there is a system error from the site).

21. Sonny Barker

Sonny Barker Member

I had this - just leave it for a bit - I think it's a bandwidth thing. As soon as some frees up, you're in. Is it a re-run of the set-test this morning?

Can't wait for the Euro's. As 4br puts it: 'we wonder what might be in stall for the European Championships '. Not sure what this means, but I get the drift.

Makes their live comments a little redundant, doesn't it?

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Norwegian
    IE 6
    Firefox
    Media Player 11
    Norwegians