Northern Youth Brass Band

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Steve Robson, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Steve Robson

Steve Robson New Member

I would be grateful if anyone reading this thread could help me spread the word to enthusiastic brass musicians in the North of England about the Northern Youth Brass Band. Ray Farr has arranged a massed bands concert to be held at the SAGE Gateshead on Sunday 15th February 2009 with Reg Vardy, Fishburn & Ashington Bands. We are also hoping to add to this group with young people under the banner of Northern Youth Brass Band. Six rehearsals have been scheduled for young performers, starting on Saturday 22nd November at Durham University, and subsequently on Sunday Mornings every two weeks. If anyone would like an information sheet with details of all rehearsals, could they contact me, Steve Robson on or 01388 537229.
    I hope young people will be enthused by the chance to join in this concert, with a tremendous programme of music, and members of all bands will support the initiative by encouraging the youngsters to get involved. :D
    Many thanks,
    Steve Robson