Northern Regional Brass Band Trust

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Mr Ratty, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Mr Ratty

Mr Ratty Member

The Northern Regional Brass Band Trust has recently been granted funding to run a youth workshop once a month.

As of tomorrow we will be meeting on the last Saturday of each month at Ouston Junior School in Chester-le-street at 10am.

The target age is between 6-16, however I would also encourage any college/university students who are interested in teaching and tutoring brass instruments and would like some experience in this area. The invitation is open to any tutors/parents who would like to encourage their students/children to play in a band environment.

The goal is to put on a small concert at the end of the year with music we have worked on during the sessions. If we gain enough interest we hope to be able run a similar scheme next year with the possibility more regular rehearsals.

If you would like more information please contact me on 01914521026 OR you can email me me at lee_morris10@yahoo.co.uk

2. Mr Ratty

Mr Ratty Member

The next meeting of the Trust Junior Band is on 30th April. We had a good turn out last month and look forward to to another great rehearsal.

If any teachers or tutors would like to get there students involved in a junior brass band please pass on the information above.

Also, a big thanks to Pennine Music for supplying a full set of training band music which I will be using at our next workshop.

3. Mr Ratty

Mr Ratty Member

Northern Regional Brass Band Trust (Next Workshop)

The next meeting of the Trust Junior Band is on 30th April. We had a good turn out last month and look forward to to another great rehearsal.

If any teachers or tutors would like to get there students involved in a junior brass band please pass on the information above.

Also, a big thanks to Pennine Music for supplying a full set of training band music which I will be using at our next workshop.

4. Mr Ratty

Mr Ratty Member

Hi All,

The next meeting for the Trust Junior Band is 29th October. All beginners are welcome. If you would like to learn a brass instrument, we have a small number of instruments available to use.

Please contact me for further details:

lee_morris10@yahoo.co.uk or 07817272943

Lee