Northern Area 2nd Section... the right result??????

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Andy_Euph, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Hiya everyone, my band has just won the 2nd section area and naturally we are absolutely delighted. However I was annoyed that nearly everyband in the section was "unhappy" with the results. I know bandsman nearly always have the "we were robbed" attitude after a contest and I was just wondering whether anyone on the TMP was there and if they thought the result was the right one :?:

2. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

3. Dan

Dan Member

There are always people that are unhappy with the results, unfortunately that is the way it goes some time. As has been discussed on other threads here, the adjudicators decision is final and if you don;t like it don't compete!!! :?

Don't let other gripes get in the way or spoil what should be a happy and proud time for you.

And, congratulations to you and your band on winning the section and good luck for Harrogate.

4. Dan

Dan Member

Ops, sorry - I forgot to say that I was not there, so cannot remark on what the actual situation might have been.

Was too busy at L & SC!!!

5. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

Congratulations, you know you played well to satisfy the guy in the box and at the end of the day that is the person that matters at a contest.

6. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Cheers for your thoughts guys, i agree that if you can't hack the results don't contest.

I'm looking forward to september and a piece that I can hopefully get my teeth into :D

7. tim

tim Member

I reckon u shouldn't contest if u dnt hav a sense of humour

8. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

You must have been good - the man in the box is very thorough re splits and especially intonation. Rest assured you must have done a good job - and as an ex Ellington player, I know how good the band can be! (Gay Delavals (!) 4th section, Tyne and Wear contest v. early 80's, springs to mind)