North West Bandsman in hospital

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by flashbarry, Oct 19, 2007.

1. flashbarry

flashbarry Member

North west bandsman in hospital

Popular bandsman Peter Edge is in hospital with complications with his gall bladder,his condition is serious but not critical.
    Peter started his playing career on cornet with the walkden band before moving onto the legendary CWS Manchester band under Alex Mortimer,he also played for the Wingates Temperance band and has probably helped out most bands in the north west area. Whilst he was on flugel horn with the Goodshaw band conductor Kevin Bolton made the famous arrangemet of ' Concerto Di Aranjuez' for him to record. I'm sure all is friends and fellow bandsmen would like to join us in wishing him a speedy recovery. If you would like to send him a message or card pm me and I will send you his address.

Rach has flown back from Oman to help look after him and I wish I could be there as well, we both wish him a speedy recovery.
  2. Peter was best-man at my Parents wedding in 1975 and is also my Godfather.

Wishing you a speedy recovery Pete. All the best from the whole Ebbrell clan.
  3. I don't know him, but give him my thoughts for a quick recovery.
  4. flashbarry

flashbarry Member

Thank you very much for all your emails, phone calls and to the people who sent me cd’s during my recent illness. I am well on the road to recovery and have this week gone back to work for the first time since October. Hope to see you all in the New Year!

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year :icon_lol:

Pete Edge
  5. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Good News Peter - Thanks for the update. :tup

Have a good Christmas

6. Dave 2nd2nd Cornet

Dave 2nd2nd Cornet Active Member

Omg:eek: I must have missed Darrol's original post. I hope you are now fit and well Pete, hope to see you in the new year.

All the best to you and the family from all at Farnworth & Walkden