North west areas 2015.

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Mr N N Fixer, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Bbmad

Bbmad Active Member

4th place bang on the money and only a little shy on some other places. Bbmad does it again.

2. BrassBander87

BrassBander87 New Member

Lucky those predictions didn't work out 100% for my band or we'd be relegated now! Great weekend as usual though.

3. The Undaunted

The Undaunted New Member

I had a great day in Blackpool, on my first visit to the North West Areas for 10 years.
    Started with the first band in the second section, and enjoyed their performance so much I stayed for the whole contest. Nothing like this South West, these guys are in a very different class. IMO the N W second section is more than equal to the majority of first section bands down home. Very well done to all.
    A bit disappointed with the top section, far more clips/errors than I expected, but wonderful stuff. Many of us had Fodens ahead, but overall thought the top two bands were way ahead of the rest.
    Looking forward to the spring contest with great expectations from you N W guys. Certainly serious stuff up here.
    Thanks to one and all.
    Len aka The Undaunted.

4. owain_s

owain_s Member

Thanks.....and did you agree with the results? ;)

5. The Undaunted

The Undaunted New Member

That's a tricky one Owain. In section 2 Tyldesley were clear winners for me, proper brass band sound and a super sop player. However, I thought the first band and the third band got a raw deal. I have never been convinced that number 1 or an early draw was a disadvantage, and I dont have stats to back this up but in the opinion of a few around us some of the later bands were lucky. I wasn't in the box, so my opinion dont count.
    I had Fodens clear winners, but again the boys in the box had the last word.
    Len aka The Undaunted.

6. Mr N N Fixer

Mr N N Fixer Member

Thank you one and all for your predictions.
    Bbmad in particular has made a significant contribution to this post. His predictions, whilst a little on the wild side were BENificial to us all.

Bye bye for now,
    Mr Fixer.

7. halsasaurus

halsasaurus Member

You meant Besses o'th' Barn didn't you?

8. owain_s

owain_s Member

I don't think that would have impacted on the prediction in question.

9. halsasaurus

halsasaurus Member

I know but it has had two different spellings on this thread and neither was correct.
    Just an observation

10. Bbmad

Bbmad Active Member

Very well spotted and thank you for pointing it out. It is clearly a very important matter and no doubt has caused many sleepless nights. The world will forever be in your debt. A truly valuable contribution, I do hope to see much more from you in the very near future.
    Once again, a big well done and pat on the back.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  11. Bbmad

Bbmad Active Member

Hilarious, good one Len