North West Area Results

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Heather, Mar 10, 2003.

1. Heather

Heather Member

1 Fodens Richardson All 4 qualify for the
    2 Williams Fairey Finals.
    3 Haydock
    4 Leyland

1 United Co-op Crewe 1st & 2nd qualify for
    2 United Norwest Co-op Milnrow the Finals
    3 Longridge

1 Bollington 1st &2nd qualify for
    2 Manx Concert Brass the Finals.
    3 Delph

1 Diggle All 3 qualify for the
    2 Boarshurst Finals
    3 Hoover (Bolton)

1 Trinity Girls 1st & 2nd qualify for
    2 Wardle & District Anderson Brass the Finals.
    3 Nelson Brass
  2. Heather

Heather Member

..oopps ..there were meant to gaps between the bands and who was going to the Finals!!!
    I may be ok at playing the baritone but my computer skills aren't too good.
  3. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

we all get the idea though.. :)

well done on your result..

can someone explain to me though, why 4 went through at the top and 3 in the 3rd? I'm not familiar with the mechanics...
  4. jimothy

jimothy Member

The number of bands that go through from the lower sections is determined by the number of bands who compete in the section. For the top section only the 4 bands from the previous years finals qualify plus the two highest place bands at the area. If a band qualifying from the previous years area comes in the top two, the two next highest placed bands go through. This is possible for up to 4 bands to go through to the finals from any one top section area. Clear as mud innit?
  5. jimothy

jimothy Member

BTW Heather. I meant to say that I heard your band and I thought your second horn player was an absolute star!!!
  6. Heather

Heather Member

Must have got the wrong band Jimothy!!
    Our 2nd Horn sucks (literally) and the sooner we get rid the better.
    our 2nd Baritone is pretty good though!
  7. Heather

Heather Member

See you at band on Sunday , Jimothy!!
  8. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

emm.. thanks jimothy.. I think I'm completely confused now.. ;)
  9. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

shouldnt that be that it is possible for 6 bands to qualify from one area in theory if, say, 4 north-west bands came in the top 4 at the previous finals...
  10. jimothy

jimothy Member

Yes, you're absolutley right. I consumed a small alcoholic beverage last night and my sums aren't very good today.
  11. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

North West Area

It is also possible for a band to get relegated and still go to the finals too I would imagine. Would require freakish results, but could happen!

Any thoughts on the top section results? I thought we played better than 4th, and I heard a lot of people say Faireys should have won. Comments?
  12. asteria

asteria Member

Hi Chris,

I heard the same in the bar, everyone seemed to be of the opinion that Faireys should have won, and I didn't hear one person say Fodens had won it. Possibly most surprising because the adjudicator said there was only 1 outstanding band on the day.

I heard Leyland and thought it was a very classy performance! I can't compare it to any of the other North West bands cos i didn't hear any others, but I really enjoyed it. Don't quite understand how you came below haydock, but at least you got through to the nationals, well done! :)

13. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

Th' areas

Cheers Helen.

I didn't hear anyone either :oops: Nice to hear good comments though!
  14. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

ello chris :D long time no see FP

everyone iv spoke to said you played really well... i think the general consensus was

Fodens seemed to be quite amused that they won it aswell.. most of them wernt expecting it at all!
    I dont have a clue how we came so low either but thats another story children...
  15. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

Cheers Nobby

Aidan, that's the most sense you've talked in ages! :D

I also heard Fodens weren't that pleased with their performance. Seems they can't lose when Russel conducts, and can't win with Bram Tovey :?

Right off for my lunch. 8)
  16. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

oi i spotted that "cheers nobby" in the subject!!! git!
    ben said it was probably on stage that was the best you played the piece (bad english, and i cant be bothered correcting it)
    Russ seems to have done well at all the areas cept midlands
    I normally talk sense, just not when you're around