North West Area Prequel!!!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Brassbones, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Brassbones

Brassbones Member

On Thursday 24th February the Fairey (Geneva) Band will be hosting an informally judged session with bands from all five of the sections at this years North West Area qualifying contest. The adjudicator for the evening will be Malcolm Brownbill who will be offering option and suggestions for improvement following each of the performances. The bands appearing, in order of playing, are:

4th Section - Besses Boys (James Holt)
    3rd Section - Eccles Borough (Mareika Gray)
    2nd Section - Flixton (Steve Curtis)
    1st Section - Rainford (Neil Samuel)
    Championship Section - Fairey Band (Russell Gray)

The evening starts at 7:30pm at Peel Hall, The Crescent, Salford, M5 4WT. Entrance is free and all are welcome.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    North West
    Geneva) Band
    Fairey
    North West Area
    Neil Samuel) Championship Section - Fairey Band
  3. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

There are similar events happening for the Midlands and Yorkshire Areas too, on sunday 27th feb.
    Newstead band room and CoS Band Club at the Niagara respectively.

Sounds like a cracking idea to me!

4. Aurora771

Aurora771 Member

I believe there is also an annual concert in the East of Scotland that has a band from each section playing the Regional test pieces.

It is a good idea. I always find playing the piece outside the bandhall before the contest very helpful, better when there is an audience too.

5. fatcontroler

fatcontroler Member

It would be interesting if anyone who attended the similar event in saddleworth went to this also - and with Malcolm Brownbill going he will surely have some good opinions on the NW areas!

6. Father To Be

Father To Be New Member

Peel Hall Test piece night

Thought this was a really good night. No one had a shocker and think all bands taking part will benefit from playing in a different environment and to a large audience - probably bigger than any at Blackpool (apart from C'ship)!
    A big thanks to all involved in the organisation of this event.

7. Brassbones

Brassbones Member

Thanks FTB. It was a good night and very helpful preparation. Two days to go to iron out a few more wrinkles. It would be nice to think we forged a few more links to our friends in neighbouring bands too!

8. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Good show last night, Paul....see you on Sunday.

9. Yeh Brassbones that pint you bought me in the pub certainly forged some links lol!! I enjoyed a good night of banding tho and want to wish you all the best of luck this weekend :sup

10. Brassbones

Brassbones Member

Thanks Caz, see you in Blackpool for the drinkathon!!!! ;)