North West 2009 Regionals Date Change to 1st March

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Al, May 5, 2008.

1. Al

Al Member

North West 2009 Regional Contest
    Venue - Winter Gardens.
    Changed from 15th March to 1st March

4barsrest article here :
    Article here

I am happy enough with the venue, irrespective of this incident. At least there is plenty of time for arrangements.
  2. BIG Paul

BIG Paul Member

there should now not be any excuse about shortage of adjudicators on the day. so no reason for not having two adjudicators
  3. mictop

mictop New Member

Not good for me I booked my holiday to America around the original date so that I was back in time for extra rehursals, I fly back in on the 1st March so I won't be there!!!!
  4. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

Whats the date for the Yorks area? Didnt they clash originally?
  5. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

No, Yorks areas are 7th and 8th March
  6. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

7. Frontman

Frontman Member

It will make a change the bandsmen and women of Yorkshire visiting Blackpool Contest to hear the standard of playing instead of the other way round.
    For numerous years there has been a treck across the Penines one week before Blackpool to hear how the lower section have managed with the different pieces, now there is no need. Just think how much money could be saved.
  8. toptutti

toptutti Member

Well there goes the St David's Day concert
  9. Al

Al Member

It looks like the Festival of Hair and beauty got the original 15th March spot at Blackpool Winter Gardens. Gardens.htm

What do other bands do in Blackpool on the Saturday and Saturday night if they stay? Fun Park, Tower?
    I know there are loads of pubs. Any suggestions which are best or any to avoid?
  10. Boarshurst

Boarshurst Member

It's normally, meet up in Yates Wine Lodge, Clifton Square on Saturday afternoon.
    Sunday its The Blue Room just a short distance out of town from the Winter Gardens after playing. Otherwise you have to suffer the Winter Gardens beer in the ship pub, where if you are lucky you might get a drink before it gets knock out of your hand..

Very costly. It should only be about £3-00 a pint this year. ABV 0.000004%
  11. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

Al just sack blackpool off and scubar and currymile it later with the rest of us after you finish off in yates.