North of England Regional Championships - 2009

Discussion in '2009 National Championships of Great Britain' started by Di, Jan 6, 2009.

1. bigcol

bigcol Member

2. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

section 2 isn't that bad . Theres only 8 bands registered for this section and 6 of them are competing. section 3 theres 9 out of 12 but section 4 only has 9 out of 15. Nice to see a full entry from championship and 1st section though

3. sudcornet

sudcornet Member

I think the bumper attendance in last year's 4th section contest may well have been down to a pretty straightforward testpiece. This year's rather more demanding one is likely to have put a few bands off.

Sud.

4. piston

piston Member

should be good fun

5. Brassb3ll3nd

Brassb3ll3nd Member

North Skelton Band is back on the map and were really looking forward to competeing in the Areas. Our last time was in 2006, as Langbaurgh Brass, since then we've ridden the storm, re-grouped and re-named ourselves and are raring to go on the Once and Future king.

Good luck to all competeing Bands - especially my good mates at Easington Colliery, we'll soon be up against you (I hope)

6. Cheers Paul.......

Good luck at the contest and yes I hope the band gets back to where it belongs!!!!

7. bigrik

bigrik New Member

anyone seen any predictions

8. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

4barsrest.com not done theirs yet.

tmp predictions are here

9. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

4barsrests predictions are in the articles section. Not that i've been looking or anything :rolleyes:

10. bigrik

bigrik New Member

hmmm not sure bout them lol

11. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

for once I'd say they've probably got it pretty much spot on (till the results come out and make me look an idiot for saying it)

12. bigrik

bigrik New Member

im not convinced

13. General Melchett

General Melchett New Member

Stand Easy..
    I was just talking to ginge in the mess last night, and I thought I must go and pass on my good luck to all competeing bands!!
    The Championship Section should be a right good scrap for top honours, Ginge was fancying the boys and girls from EYMS, I almost choked on my sherry, the blithering fool..
    My aligence lies with those dashing folk in the scarlet jackets, a fine bunch of folk...
    The Reg Vardy Band
    Then we thought about those poor musicians having to put up with that horrendous racket of a sound .... Penty thingy me bob...Our heart felt commiserations..But Ginge reckons that this could be a toughy like a bosch to sort out...
    We then plumped for that band conducted by that devilishly dashing Steve Malcolm, The GT Band wish he was in my platoon, could do with replacing Captain Darling
    Bout time they made it to Harrogate ..drah drah
    All it leaves me to say now is Tally Bally Hoooooo.....and good luck to the remaining troopppsss
    Baaaaaiiiiinnnnnnnnn

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  14. killer

killer Member

Me neither, SMB "dark horses", more like "crazy horses" !!!!! or having listened to our bass section last week, more like "cart horses"......tossers :) anyway, cum on SMB, Its not considered a win unless its by 10 points ;)

15. FeistyFlugel

FeistyFlugel New Member

Must be going well then?..Best of Luck with +10pts....that would be killer.

16. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Have they not found a muzzle to fit you yet then Killer?

Kill....Killl...Killl.......go on boy

17. killer

killer Member

apparently not Butler, can i borrow yours ?

Really looking forward to this weekend, NOE is always a great weekend, you should come up with us mate. 3rd section is gonna be really interesting, its great to see North Skelton contesting again and to be honest looking at the form book its gonna be hard to pick a winner,,,, good luck to all :)

18. FeistyFlugel

FeistyFlugel New Member

See ya in the bar after good look all 3rd section. it's a tough one this year.

19. Ste69

Ste69 Member

Good luck to EYMS as always. Sorry I won't be there this year but priorities etc.....

Have a few beers for me and bring home some silverware

20. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Bit busy this weekend mate, I should be free for the Harrogate weekend though :biggrin: