North East Derbyshire District Council 55th Annual Brass Band Festival

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Ireland Colliery band, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Come along to the 55thAnnual Brass Brand Festival!

North East DerbyshireDistrict Council will be hosting its 55th Annual Brass Band Festivalon Saturday, 7th September at Dronfield Sports Centre.

Thisyear, Matlock Band 2[SUP]nd[/SUP], Shirebrook Miners' Welfare Band 1 andthe Ireland Colliery (Chesterfield) Band will be playing for prize money donatedby our sponsors: Apollo, Galliford Try, Gary FletcherSurfacing, Peak Edge Hotel,Pulse Fitness,and WM Lee whilstcompeting for the first prize; The Hallworth Challenge Trophy.
    TheCouncil's Leader, Councillor Graham Baxter said "We are verygrateful for the support showed by all our sponsors, it brings residentsof North East Derbyshire together, young and old, for yet anotherenjoyable evening, I hope you will be able to join mecelebrate our 55th Annual Festival."
    TheChair of North East Derbyshire District Council, Councillor Ken Savidge, warmlyinvites you to attend this fun filled evening of toe tappingentertainment.
    AsChair of the Council, he has the opportunity to raise funds for a veryworthwhile cause, and has chosen the The Children's Hospital Charity.
    Councillor Savidgesaid “There are many worthy charities, but my wife and I chose this charitybecause a couple of years ago our youngest granddaughter was admitted to thehospital based in Sheffield and, treated there.
    "Wewere so impressed by the hard work and level of care received, that we want toraise money for them."
    CouncillorSavidge hopes this years Appeal will help raise awareness and encourage othersin the District to help this very worthy cause.
    Throughoutthe evening, there will be an opportunity to win some fabulous prizes andraise money for this fantastic charity.
    Therewill be an intermission after the second band has performed.
    Admissionis £4.50 and £3.50 for senior citizens, which can be obtained by telephoningClaire Shacklady (01246) 217003.

2. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Starts at 7.30pm post code is
    • Civic Centre, Dronfield, S18 1PD
  3. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

The results from the contest were as follows:

1st 85 points Shirebrook Miners Welfare UNISON Band
    2nd 83 points Ireland Colliery (Chesterfield) Band
    3rd 81 points Matlock Band

Soloist - Kris Garfit (Matlock) euphonium

Matlock - Punchinello, Eleanor Rigby, Varied Mood (Kris Garfitt), Eventide, Eve of The War
    Shirebrook - Valero, Stal Himmel, Rusalkas Song to the Moon (Glen Birks) Sandpaper Ballet, Gaelforce
    Ireland - All Night Lg, Irish Blessing, New Colonial, Softly as I Leave You (M&L Squires) Hot Toddy, Paradise Glorias